Brown brought me a package.....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:D....my new DB starter!
I hope it's as good as everyone claims....$125 for theirs+ $25 shipping vs the +$200 for those "Remy" pieces of crap....

DAY-UM! :eek: That DB is BEEG! :D
You must be registered for see images attach

Mine has been getting progressivly slower as of late and I attribute that not only to age but the leaking lift pump I replaced last month.....the starter got so bad that it felt like it was dragging the bottoms out of the recently new 1050 CCA batteries ......dropped the starter and found alot of grime attached to the fuel mist...

Dis-assembled the starter -after ordering the DB- in hopes of being able to get it thru a few more days-- the commutator was black as well as the windings...douched out in parts tank and with 3 cans of brake kleen, emery clothed the commutator and greased up the planetaries.

It has held since Sat ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me know how that works!!mine needs a starter again and im not spending the money for one if the one you bought is better for less money.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Damn geo you'll need a big ass floor jack to lift that thing up to the engine Let us know how it holds up.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Install was quite painless ;Sweet Only modification was to straighten out the hot cable--stock is bent to a 90 degree end with a lock pin---just nip the pin and use a pair of pliers and screwdriver to straighten out :hail

Does it perform?

OH HELL YES!!!!!

It sounds and feels twice as fast ;Sweet

Need a starter?......there is no other to consider!

mojoman

Reaction score
DB has gone downhill with these starters the past few years...they are now being built in China, and the quality just isn't there apparently....my DB is going strong on year 5...built in the USA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online

No members online now.