Brake lights

ethanbooth11

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this plug goes too? Factory air and cruise. 1986 f250 6.9. Can't get brake lights to work still. Was curious if this had anything to do with it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may need to check the ground under the left rear frame. May have to clean & reconnect. I had do do this to mine for same reason.

ethanbooth11

Reaction score
Okay ill check in the morning. I ran a jumper wire from positive battery terminal on driver side to tail light fuse and it engaged the starter. So then I jumped the brake light switch to power and did the same thing. Nothing on this truck worked electrical when I bought it. I'm trying to get all the bugs worked out. The last thing I have to do is get the brake lights and hazards to work.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Sounds like your wiring harness has a short in the cab or in the engine compartment. The wires melted together or the insulation wore off. That is likely why the driving lights, turn signals, or hazards energize the starter solenoid. Look to see if your harness is burnt or chaffed somewhere along the part where the starter wire runs.