bleeding schrator valve

wood350

Reaction score
i was just wondering what is the best way to bleed the air from fuel system through the schator valve at start up and will it be faster than just turnin the motor over and letting it build up pressure till it fires? thanks again for all the help

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
i was just wondering what is the best way to bleed the air from fuel system through the schator valve at start up and will it be faster than just turnin the motor over and letting it build up pressure till it fires? thanks again for all the help

I prefer the electric fuel pump method! ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes it is much better to crank the engine while pressing this shrader valve in order to start the engine, but after driving it should restart without bleeding the fuel system again. Now after You get it started there is options like the electric fuel pump that will accelerate the bleeding of the fuel system to the point that when You do any maintenance/repair on the fuel system You may not need to bleed the system with the shrader valve since the electric pump will take care of that part.

wood350

Reaction score
thank yal i will be getting the holley red pump as soon as money permits everyone has been telling me about it and they seam to like it

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I used to do before I had the electric pump, was I have a hose that is made up with an outboard motor primer bulb in the middle of it. I'd clamp on the air chuck (get one that locks on) and then squeeze the primer bulb until fuel came out. The bulb creates a vacuum, and sucks the air out.

wood350

Reaction score
thanks for all yals help i put one of those fancy tire stem cap on it last night and it has been cranking no problem since then even after sitting all day at work and school

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online

No members online now.