Billet converter

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have one. Very happy with it, good company to deal with. Only complaint is that the converter needs a drain plug. I had mine custom made for my IDI with a low stall, cost shipped to me was around $500. I think.

71cc

Reaction score
I have a 7.3 IDI with a non-wastegated banks on it.I am using an e4od with Baumann controller.I would like to know what stall rating you specified and how do you like it ? Stall is a product of HP and weight so the exact rpm is not really a valid answer.I am more interested in how yours is as far as driveability and response. Does it feel efficient or too tight?

71cc

Reaction score
Isn't the E4od a pickup transmission? Doubt it'll hold up to a med duty truck.

I don't know what you call a "medium duty truck". The E4OD was available at least up to a f-350,behind the powerstrokes, then evolved into the 4R100. The transmission durability will not be a concern in my application. The purpose of my question was the quality of the convertor.To realize the full efficiency of that transmission you need a durable lock up convertor that will allow you to use the lock up portion under a moderate load.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I call a med duty truck an F450 to F800/8000. Or, a truck with a GVWR of 15k to 35k. I was just messing with everyone, because pickup talk keeps ending up in the MD section.