back home, met a board member while in florida

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Just posting up that I'm back "home" in Ft. Puke, LA:puke: Truck did really well, there and back. While there I met up with Diesel JD. He brought out his timing equipment and we did a little messing around. He let me ride in his turboed 6.9 F250 afterwards, then we took a test drive in mine to compare.

this was JD and I (good meeting you man)

You must be registered for see images attach

Trip home:

All unloaded today:

Also here is a video my wife took going through the underwater tunnel in Mobile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVPRQbDRZ48

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Did you have to do any re-timing? Nite time driving with a load and trailer like that is not what you would call fun. Sounds like the trip was without any hic-cups.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nite time driving with a load and trailer like that is not what you would call fun.
Actually I'd venture to say night-time driving is much better than day-time driving - most incompetent-behind-the-wheel-zombies tend to be at home then, instead of clogging up the roads.

NMB2, nice truck!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I'd venture to say night-time driving is much better than day-time driving - most incompetent-behind-the-wheel-zombies tend to be at home then, instead of clogging up the roads.
As someone who generally drives at night but has been forced by circumstance to spend a fair amount of time on the road during daylight hours, I agree COMPLETELY with that statement!! There's also the factor that, at least for my eyes, spotting headlights is easier than dealing with the sun's glare.

Sorry, but I am getting sick and tired of all the morons out there who somehow got drivers' licenses...

Back on topic LOL what were you towing back?

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too much prefer nighttime driving, MUCH easier on my eyes, especially since most of my driving is through vast expanses of nothing but boreal forest, so there are no street lights. It's turn the dash lights down to the minimum, turn on all the lights to watch for moose and cruise.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
aside from the really rough weather I had to go through traveling from jacksonville to about pensacola, the trip was really good. I prefer driving at night due to the fact that there is less on the road, but it also makes it harder to stay awake. I drove straight through as well.

As for some fuel economy numbers... I drove one tank in the 60mph range to see if it would make a difference, and it is what made me see 14mpg. I just couldnt handle driving that slow though, so the entire trip was done averaging 70-75mpg, which netted me between 11-12mpg.... most tanks after doing the math was 11.1-11.5mpg.

Also Diesel JD seemed to be pretty impressed with my 6.9, maybe he'll see this and chim in on his thoughts.

EDIT: no we didnt change the timing on mine, and on the way back, on the bed I had a new bed, heavy wood furniture (buffet, hutch, dresser, dining room table and chairs), and a box with a bunch of my wife stuff in it. Behind me was the civic packed to the brimm full of stuff on my 16ft trailer.