Anyone know anything about the new Detroit DD15?

OkieTruckerD

A Diesel Nut
Reaction score
Hello folks, I have a friend who's cursed with 2009 Freight-shaker Cascadia (yuk), with the Detroit DD 15 in it. What are the service intervals?, what can be done to improve performance, WITHOUT VOIDING WARRANTY?, will filtration fail before service interval? Basically some general knowledge on this engine would be greatly appreciated.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
pm bigrigtech he is a freightshaker dealer tech and he might know what can be done
that caschadia truck is one ugly looken truck
i pefer petes my self way more durable truck better resale value just an all around better truck that and kenworth

cat3176

Reaction score
The service intervals on the new dd-15s are 50,000 miles. We just had a couple techs come back from school on these. I don't think you can really do anything to these engines at least thats what I've been told. I am not sure if the filltration will fail before service intervals or not. The Western Star dealership I work at has only sold 2 trucks with these engines and have not seen them come back for service or problems yet.... But I'm not holding my breath on them not coming back with problems. sound like the engineers really are stickin it to us techs now. Just part of the info they were saying that everything has torque to yield bolts. The gear train is in the rear of the engine for everything. They were also saying these engines dont' have came bearings. Sorry I don't have more info but hopefully should get more soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726