Another dent on the bed facing the cab....

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My load shifted during transport and slammed into the "firewall" on the truck bed, and pushed my bed into the cabin... doh.. :backoffcookoo:confused::eek:
Didn't have my straps with me :backoff, but with parking brake on, and 1 mile trip, I wouldn't think it would have moved so easy.

You must be registered for see images attach

The good thing is, it missed the glass, and it barely touched the cabin. The bad thing is, it added another dent in the bed. Another good thing is it's not a $50k truck.

Now, how do you get these dents without removing the cab or the bed?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
only way I know to do it is with a dent puller or remove bed and beat them back in with a mallet, or you weld something to it and slide hammer it back in

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sad thing is you found out you have more stopping dynamics pushing any load into the cab or the bed front. This is why we secure the load or place it way up front against the bed. So now what to do. Well if the rail is bent make up a angle iron clamp to fit over the top rail. Have a hole cut in it and hook a strap or comealong to the tail gate and pull it back into place. DO NOT SATND BEHIND THE CABLE WHEN PULLING. If it breaks or slips off the bed rail it will really hurt when it clocks you in the face.. Those marks don't go away either.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha i did something similar with my cub cadet. I didn't realize that by not having the brakes on the axle shafts, the differential still could function. Hit the brakes and watched one wheel turning forwards and the one slipping and turning backwards and then it promptly slammed into the front of my bed.LOL

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got in a hurry, and didn't have any tie-downs with me. Heat/humidity is brutal today. (98 F / 50% humidity). Sounds good. I may just take it to a body shop to do straighten it out. It does not have to look pretty. '_'

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the same lawn mower and load it in the back of my truck, I go forward until the front of the mower touches the front of the bed and push the the brake then lift up the little emergency brake lever. If you don't have it tight against the front of the bed the mower moves and the emergency brake lever falls and disengages. It happened to me the one time I didn't have it tight against the front of the bed. Another level of safety, my spare tire and a 2x4 makes a snug fit between the back of the mower and tailgate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online