And so it begins....

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oilguy - you move ALOT of oil!
I've had a cleanburn waste oil furnace for a few years - so I have several folks that routinely drop off 5-15 gallons of waste oil at the front door of my pole barn. I have a friend that owns a transmission shop - I'm starting to pick up 150 gallon batches from him - I hope to run that nearly 100% in the winter since it has the viscosity to do so even on a cold start. We'll see how it goes. I have a pump set up but need to perfect the filtering and transporting stages.

It's definitely not for everyone.
I burn wood all winter too - just ask the neighbors - I'm a whacko!

Oilguy

Reaction score
Oilguy - you move ALOT of oil!
I've had a cleanburn waste oil furnace for a few years - so I have several folks that routinely drop off 5-15 gallons of waste oil at the front door of my pole barn. I have a friend that owns a transmission shop - I'm starting to pick up 150 gallon batches from him - I hope to run that nearly 100% in the winter since it has the viscosity to do so even on a cold start. We'll see how it goes. I have a pump set up but need to perfect the filtering and transporting stages.

It's definitely not for everyone.
I burn wood all winter too - just ask the neighbors - I'm a whacko!

LOL... Yeah... I burn wood in the winter too... But I am in Texas... Winter means something different down here than it does up north.