about to give up on the turbo

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
okay guys this system is starting to **** me off. All my "help" has deserted me and all i have left is the intake and exhaust the problem is the turbo piece that runs to the intake is pointed away from the intake so i have to make a 180 deg turn and the outlet is 2.25 and i cant find any intake ducting that is that small so i am like **** outta luck. rubber hose would fold shut unless anyone knows of a trick to keep it open through a 180. i am just not having any luck on this and i really need the truck back up so any suggestions that will even remotely help are appreciated.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Any possibility of having an exhaust shop weld up some tubing to get the angles ya need then connect with rubber boots?:dunno

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Don't they make radiator hoses with steel springs in them to keep them from collapsing? I think I have one on my chevelle, who knows they might make one that with a 180* turn?

71cc

Reaction score
Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
dont give up man, custom turbos are cool, just take your time and you will get it right i have changed my design twice on my psd system mostly cause it makes it easier to assimble and deassimble the new way im going to do it, and other people are thinking of doing the same if mine turns out well, so im trying to make it neat and clean free off clutter and easy to do, and im just taking my time cause that way i dont mess anything up, and i really dont have alot of time to work on it

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Can the turbo be clocked to face the right way?

call auto jet 1 800 247 5391 they stock all kinds of mandrel bent parts and pieces. I used them when I fabbed up my system. It got to the point where I was on first name basis with them.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
ok i will try and answer these all at once guys,
dsl dog- i am trying the exhaust tubing method tom because i thought of it right after i posted this,problem was no hardware stores had anything bigger than 2 in id rubber hose and 3 in id dryer lines and those wouldnt fit. but i finally found some stuff to use for boots at a shrimp boat place( go figure) its 2 and 3/8 id and will fit perfectly for boots to connect the piping.

disckbrks- i am installing a rajay turbo its wierd but it came off of a 90 model with a c6- supposedly idk if they still put c6s in these in 90

chevyboy- i already looked in all three local auto places for a radiator hose and none had that sharp of a bend

71cc- im working on finding the camera cord, its been lost for months.

flatlander- my first thought was to clock the turbo but the only way it can be reclocked would be facing down ward and towards the engine the sides of the turbo have 2 bolts right next to each other in some spots and 1 in others

so if all works out well(which nothing has with this intake but i can hope...right?) then i will have the intake set up with exhaust tubing tom

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
oh yeah and how much downpipe do i have to have to not suck a valve. the muffler shop is busy for the next week so i wont have a full downpipe till then but i can fit about a foot of downpipe in myself and tack it in. will that suffice for just short distance driving- like 5 mi of continuous driving at the most. and will the down pipe get hot enough to melt my clutch slave line even with heat sheild wrapped over it?

92 IDI

92 7.3 IDI 4X4
Reaction score
there is a guy in spring tx who dose custom bent exhaust pipe and he is really low priced
here is his phone number i forgot his name 281 288 2525 let me know if it works out

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
oh yeah and how much downpipe do i have to have to not suck a valve. the muffler shop is busy for the next week so i wont have a full downpipe till then but i can fit about a foot of downpipe in myself and tack it in. will that suffice for just short distance driving- like 5 mi of continuous driving at the most. and will the down pipe get hot enough to melt my clutch slave line even with heat sheild wrapped over it?

never herd of an engine sucking a valve cause of to short of pipe:dunno dont make sense to me, anyway, all you would have to have is enough to get it out of the engine conpartment, you dont want soot all over everything

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score

That'll do.;Sweet
Gonna be loud as hell tho.:D

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EBAY is your friend.

You can get 180 degree mandrel bend exhaust pipes.

You can also get rubber and silicone adapters in all kinds of sizes. Just go on there and type in "silicone reducer" and you'll see what I mean.

I take it you've never done this sort of thing before...this is all old hat to me at this point LOL

I've bought more mandrel bends than I care to remember.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Staff online