A quick question....What size tool for rear drive shaft u-joint on 1992 F350?

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but quick high jack... I had a Peterbilt mechanic tell me to take a hammer and beat off my old carrier bearing or cut it off. To re install the bearing use a pipe and hammer to beat it in to place. How do you guys remove and install yours? (91 F350 CC 4x4)

Thanks
Michael

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not t45 with a bunch of crust in it? Both of my f350s use t45 there

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sorry but quick high jack... I had a Peterbilt mechanic tell me to take a hammer and beat off my old carrier bearing or cut it off. To re install the bearing use a pipe and hammer to beat it in to place. How do you guys remove and install yours? (91 F350 CC 4x4)

Thanks
Michael

Yup. How I do them.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

medic265

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you folks know I got the driveshaft out, fixed and back in today!!! So what I ended up doing was taking the t45 which would just barely get started in the bolt and drove it in with a 2lb hammer so it was nice and tight in the bolt and then just turned them out with a ratchet with no problem. Now once I got the drive shaft out changing the carrier bearing was another story. But a torch got me through that without too much worry. When I put it back in a used a set of new straps and bolts for the u-joint so I won't have this problem again.

I want to thank everyone for trying to help me. It's greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Greg