A nice endorsement

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
A guy I work with has a 97 F350 4X4 with a 460 and borrowed the bobcat with backhoe attachment and bucket. He loaded it in his dump trailer (3800 lbs empty) Well, he managed to mangle his reese receiver, so he borrowed old brown to bring it all back to the site on Monday.

He said he was going to get a diesel. His truck pulled it fine, but he could tell it was working. Revved up a lot higher to shift, etc. . .Mine shifted at 2K just like when empty and purred down the road like nothing was there.

I know y'all have said that the 6.9 did a nicer job than the gasser, but I wasn't sure until now.

Oh, and brown is bone stock 'cept the ziggster ram air.

I can't wait to see what "that damn truck" will do.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love reading this post. It seems like everyone is having problems and getting rid of their rigs for newer rides.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JPR said:
I love reading this post. It seems like everyone is having problems and getting rid of their rigs for newer rides.

I've been dreaming about a new ride, myself. Even about trading for a USED Cummins.

But everytime I think of that, I think of years of payments.

That was fine when I was single, but I tell ya... married life plus 2 kids in daycare means you really have to make wise $$ decisions.

I'll pass on the new vehicle payments. After paying on vehicles for the past 7 years (trading every few years = bad idea) I'm at the point where I've realized the value of money. I'd rather send $400 a month to savings or investments so that I can retire in comfort in 30 years.

Once the wife's truck is paid for we're done with new car/truck payments. Next one will be paid for in cash, or at least 2/3 down. Methinks this IDI is going to have to last another 15-20 years. :eek:

My biggest concern is making sure the wheels and frame stay sound so that I can rely on the truck to pull the horses down the road without a wheel falling off.

Mike

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Staff online