93 7.3 F-superduty

Possum Creek

Reaction score
Hi, oilburners I have been out enjoying my superduty hauling crossties and farm equipment with out any problems however after about a 200 mile trip yesterday this morning while shifting gears it died. It would start back up and idle and rev up fine but when I get off the throttle it will shut off like turning off the key. What do you all think? Lift pump? Kinked hose? Plugged filter? Any help would be appreiciated. PC

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Are you running any fuel treatment? If not add some at double the regular amount. Sounds like the injection pump is gummed up.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i pour in a couple quarts of mercon ATF when i get the stall on deceleration.nothing else iv tried comes close to curing the issue like the trans fluid does.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you leave your truck at the shell station in Monteagle with a sign on the window about a fuel issue? If so, nice superduty.
Either way those were the symptoms I had when my lift pump quit. It would start and run, but died when you tried to move it.
To diagnose I pulled the outlet line from the lift pump and then had a friend turn the truck over. It should fill a pint jar in no time flat (I think if you search here it you can find the actual pump displacement.) Mine was just dribbling a little fuel.
As others have said, could also be stuck metering valve in the ip, but doesn't sound like a filter issue.
Good luck.
If that is your truck at the shell, pm me if you need tools. Its only a mile from my house.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the truck is setting, fill the fuel filter with Seafoam or another Additive, start er up let run for 3 minutes , shut offand leave set over nite, that will clean the IP inside, betcha your metering valve is sticking.

Possum Creek

Reaction score
Thanks everyone you were right on the money, a bottle of fuel treatment and a quart of atf and I am back going again. It wasn't me up Monteagle I am over in middle TN but I apprieciate the offer Shadetree. FORDF250HDXLT how many logs can you haul on your truck?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone you were right on the money, a bottle of fuel treatment and a quart of atf and I am back going again. It wasn't me up Monteagle I am over in middle TN but I apprieciate the offer Shadetree. FORDF250HDXLT how many logs can you haul on your truck?

depends on their size and species.

Attachments

• Misc. Pict and files 437.jpg
    Misc. Pict and files 437.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • spruce logs.jpg
    spruce logs.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics