89 f-superduty IDI harness question

Bullitt008

Reaction score
Looking for any help I can get. Haven’t worked on many IDI’s, know all the power strokes by heart (was a ford diesel tech from 2003 to 2013) Anyway got an 89 F-super duty someone else removed the engine and stripped to put a reman in and now I get the “basket of parts” and the “here you finish it.” Old engine has been shipped back as core I have no pictures for reference. My
Question is on the RH side of the engine there is coming off the harness 3 right angle connectors. I know the blue one goes
To the filter housing and also a red one that connects to the bottom of the filter ( I assume anyway) and finally a black wire ( I think it’s black I’ve cleaned,scrubbed and stripped back a Little and it appears black) where would this wire attach? I don’t see any sensors or even ground posts to attach it to if it is a ground. I don’t get stumped often but this one has me chasing my tail.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Filter housing should have 3 connectors. The middle one you have goes on top of the filter to the fuel heater. One of the stud mounts goes to the low pressure switch on the side near the outlet, the other goes to the bottom of the filter for the water in fuel sensor.

Bullitt008

Reaction score
Evidently this wreck doesn’t have the low pressure sensor just the oval connector on top and a sensor in the bottom of the filter. It ran before without it I guess it’ll run without it again lol. I see what you’re talking about there’s the outlet to the hpp and right next to it ported I have a little 1/4” pipe with a cap on it. Then there’s a service port to check pressure and the return hose. Thanks for the help!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy to help! And yeah, at $50-60 for the sensor I'd run without it too hahaha

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin