89 7.3 Runs Great Won't Start

Stang65fst

Reaction score
I am glad to know that I am not the only one with crazy extra parts sitting around! I have spare E4OD that kind of had a forward gear, trans case and an extra 7.3L complete PSD (Harness, computer, IDM) just in case you know?!?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the engine compression? I have an engine that runs amazingly well, but only with some starting fluid to start it up.

And yes I know there are repairable GP issues, but it's on a spare engine so it's not high priority.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I've used starters from direct drive, to different reduction starters and my current is my favorite. It's a reduction Mitsubishi

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stang65fst

Reaction score
Also was out checking a few things out and notice that there is a sensor to the drivers side of the IP that is not plugged in. In fact I cannot find the plug at all.
You must be registered for see images
It is the black plug all the way to the far right in the picture.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Personally the 5652 is not the starter for me. I don't care for the non end bearing on it. Now the other DB 1345 has the bearing on the end so it supports more. But this is my personal choice.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally the 5652 is not the starter for me. I don't care for the non end bearing on it. Now the other DB 1345 has the bearing on the end so it supports more. But this is my personal choice.

I am in the market for a starter as well. I did not see that one! Thanks!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Also was out checking a few things out and notice that there is a sensor to the drivers side of the IP that is not plugged in. In fact I cannot find the plug at all.
You must be registered for see images
It is the black plug all the way to the far right in the picture.

Ok... I see several things not right in this picture. Your pic is not showing what you are referencing so I will make a guess its the grey switch connected to the throttle shaft on the drivers side. Now also there MUST be 2 wires connected to different locations on top of the pump. The back one is the electronic advance in the pump and its a smaller spade fitting. the front one thats nearly hidden by the return line off the top of the pump is the fuel shutoff solenoid and its the large spade fitting. Now to talk about the throttle return spring. Thats not where it supposed to go. Its supposed to connect at the throttle cable ball fitting and then run down under the fast idle solenoid bracket. Shine a lite down there and you will see a V cut in that lower bracket. Thats where the double spring goes.

Stang65fst

Reaction score
Yeah. It is just a picture I found on the internet as I didn't have one of mine. All I am concerned about is the black rectangle plug that is on the right (drivers side) in this picture on the throttle shaft. I have this sensor but I have NO PLUG going into it.

Where does this plug come from...I cannot even find it on my truck.

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the throttle position sensor that is only used if your truck has an E4OD, if you have a ZF, its non functional. My IP has one because my engine came out of a '93 F-350 with an auto, but its not hooked up to anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online