84 & 86 F250's

jcc01

Reaction score
My old man has two F250's that he is thinking of selling or scraping. We are not sure how much interest there is in these old trucks. Both trucks are regular cab 4x4 with 6.9 diesels and manual trannies. The 84 has 4:10 gears and the 86 has 3:73's. They both have around 150K miles and was parked when he bought his powerstroke in 01. No parts have been robbed from them since been sitting. I think the 84 had a bad starter or something when he parked it and has left front deer damage. The 86 was being used daily till the Powerstroke came around. The driveline on both trucks was fine when parked.

Any opinion on these trucks value would be greatly appreciated. If there isn't much of a market, I guess the rising scrap prices will win. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Are you sure it's 3.73's? I thought all trucks came equiped with either 3.55's or 4.10's. You must have done a rearend swap to put the 3.73's in her.

If they ARE 3.73's they will generate a bit of interest, as they are becoming kinda of popular on these boards.

ryanm6.9

Reaction score
Pictures

Hey was wanting to know if you had any pictures of the trucks. How bad are they. I have a motor for a truck, but no truck to put it in. PM with more information.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
After sitting so long, I cant see either one bringing more than 1000 each. If you got them running, MAYBE 1500-2k

jcc01

Reaction score
Are you sure it's 3.73's? I thought all trucks came equiped with either 3.55's or 4.10's. You must have done a rearend swap to put the 3.73's in her.

If they ARE 3.73's they will generate a bit of interest, as they are becoming kinda of popular on these boards.

You are probably correct on that. I know the 84 has 4:10 for certain and the 86 was definitly higher. They were two whole different trucks to drive.

jcc01

Reaction score
Hey was wanting to know if you had any pictures of the trucks. How bad are they. I have a motor for a truck, but no truck to put it in. PM with more information.

I don't have any pics available, they are 4 hours away. They were both in need of body work when parked, especially the 84 after taking a deer to the left front. The 86 could probably get away with fenders, bed sides, etc... They were both farm trucks that have goosenecks and seen a lot of trailer time. If I get down that way I will try to snap some pics.

ryanm6.9

Reaction score
ford diesel

Hey I was wondering what else you could tell me about the 86 model f250, will the truck move and could you maybe get me some pictures later on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online