750/31.5= 23.8 Mpg

SDEric

Reaction score
Yeah I did the math three times. Then had someone else do it for me, wait, one last time... (using calculator)....24 MGP ;Really, My only mod has been the dual by pass fuel regulator from Diesel Innovations. That is it. I own a 2000 crew cab, Auto, 4x4. Stock everything else except the Guage pillar.

Has anyone heard of this kind of milage, I am thinking that I may have an injector that isn't firing properly. I can't say but I am really stumped. I just got back from FL and on the way down, I filled up in MD, and didn't stop for fuel till 753 miles later. On the way home I had a strong headwind but that was still 650 miles.

E

Big Red CC Dually

Reaction score
SDEric said:
Yeah I did the math three times. Then had someone else do it for me, wait, one last time... (using calculator)....24 MGP ;Really, My only mod has been the dual by pass fuel regulator from Diesel Innovations. That is it. I own a 2000 crew cab, Auto, 4x4. Stock everything else except the Guage pillar.

Has anyone heard of this kind of milage, I am thinking that I may have an injector that isn't firing properly. I can't say but I am really stumped. I just got back from FL and on the way down, I filled up in MD, and didn't stop for fuel till 753 miles later. On the way home I had a strong headwind but that was still 650 miles.

E
Average the results for the next three tankfulls and if it is still that good ....be happy, be very happy.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt its due to an injector not firing properly, you'd have a helluva lope at idle and under accelleration I'd think if that were the case. In any rate, do an average over the next several tanks like BR CC suggests.

RenoF250

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I doubt its due to an injector not firing properly, you'd have a helluva lope at idle and under accelleration I'd think if that were the case. In any rate, do an average over the next several tanks like BR CC suggests.

Also, if shutting off injectors could give you that kind of mileage Ford would have programmed the PCM to do it. Maybe you got some really good fuel and the planets aligned just right. Are you sure the odometer is accurate?

rvassar

Reaction score
We had a "freak occurance" like this happen to us on an Oregon trip a couple years ago. We fueled up in Salem, drove to Astoria. Motored around Astoria for a couple days, and then headed back to Kali. We finally stopped near Sacramento and fueled up because we figured the sender was on the blink.

We've never repeated it, no matter how hard we tried. All I can say is the Oregon diesel was the good old smelly stuff. Probably had some bunker oil mixed in. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online