7.3 no throttle response

pioneerscot

Reaction score
Newb here,
Hello all.
Question, no throttle response,all though there is now, it was a temporary issue.
I did take the connector off the plug to the throttle position sensor ( I was stranded at a stop sign at busy intersection ) This was a mistake ! I tried jumping the pins the outside two made the engine die, it started right back up but the check engine light is on now and needs to be reset, whats the procedure for this ?
Why did it get stuck just idling ? No matter how hard I pushed the pedal there was no response in rpms, then It started to work like it never happened and I drove all the way back to Tahoe from Sacramento:dunno

Thanks so much for the help, this place is cool.:thumbsup:

97 f-250 4x4 ex cab w about 240,000 mi.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
For starters, just disconnect the neg cables from the batteries for a few minutes---clears check engine light.

Now for the dead pedal....any previous occurrences...either while moving or just at idle?
Any trash, bottles, small dogs, etc...rolling around........

pioneerscot

Reaction score
For starters, just disconnect the neg cables from the batteries for a few minutes---clears check engine light.

Now for the dead pedal....any previous occurrences...either while moving or just at idle?
Any trash, bottles, small dogs, etc...rolling around........

Not at all the floor was clear, it only happened the one time, I was out of the vehicle during the testing portion of the adventure and even pushing the pedal all the way to the floor would not bring it off of idle.
And yes it was so hot 102dg I wished hard for a cold one but alas all I was getting was horn blowing for blocking the intersection. LOL

pioneerscot

Reaction score
Bought one today had to get the one for 98 due to it being different in shape and color the correct one for mine is black not gray like the first one I got from Napa

dmartin

Reaction score
a buddy of mine has a 97 7.3 and his does this every now and then but after about twenty seconds and a tired leg from having to pump the gas it takes off just fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online