6.9idi to 7.3 powerstroke swap

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a lezs complex wiring alternative.

Locate the Ih Industrial version 444 has a stand alone computer not all bound into ford chassis and cab n so forth....like used in as hool bus is what I am referring to.

Just sayin...might be an option...iirc comp is on drivers inner fender or valve cover!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a lezs complex wiring alternative.

Locate the Ih Industrial version 444 has a stand alone computer not all bound into ford chassis and cab n so forth....like used in as hool bus is what I am referring to.

Just sayin...might be an option...iirc comp is on drivers inner fender or valve cover!

if anyone has more info on this, please chime in! looks like ill need to do more research when i get back to home base.

donald

Reaction score
I am very happy that i joined this forum i am getting a lot of good idea,s and advice thanks to all!!!!!! I will check out the school bus computers if it works it will save lots of work, thanks. Do all the Canadian woman look like that?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very happy that i joined this forum i am getting a lot of good idea,s and advice thanks to all!!!!!! I will check out the school bus computers if it works it will save lots of work, thanks. Do all the Canadian woman look like that?
they used to look like that. most these days look like the same shapeless stoner blobs like what you find prevalent in kali.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if anyone has more info on this, please chime in! looks like ill need to do more research when i get back to home base.
before you get hot and bothered, don't forget IH doesn't run them at the power levels like what ford did. IH usually derates the power by 50% to keep them from getting blown up by the vocational driver.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
before you get hot and bothered, don't forget IH doesn't run them at the power levels like what ford did. IH usually derates the power by 50% to keep them from getting blown up by the vocational driver.

these engines run on either program you flash/burn them at. right?
im mainly thinking about the hard wiring, CPU's can be manipulated.
thats about the only thing computerized vehicles have going for them!

im just thinking of a better option than running a OBS wiring harness in my 63.
hell, i wouldnt even care what the power levels are until i get the basics done and complete. then it can be tinkered on from there.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hell, i wouldnt even care what the power levels are until i get the basics done and complete. then it can be tinkered on from there.
IH(navistar) and Ford ECM & programing langauge are completely different. there's even some sensors that are not compatible between the two.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the IH setup would really be that much easier in the end. If you have a doner rig, I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to get it setup - not really that much interface between the engine and chassis is there? The IH harness may be simpler, but you'd also have to figure out how to marry the 2 different parts together probably, using 2 different diagrams, etc.

Also may be difference in sensors, parts, etc etc so you could wind up having trouble figuring out what parts you'll need down the road, and as mentioned the different power/rpm ratings. Not to mention finding an IH engine may be harder than a PSD.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score

Have you looked into using a megasquirt controller? They are $$$ but would do the job beautifully with complete control over the injection system...if they can swing the proper parameters for a diesel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online