4B Cummins Won't Shut Off

gmtech68

Reaction score
I work with 4 non-turbo B4.5 Cummins tier II engines in airport baggage tractors. 2 of them now run about 1/2 idle speed for 10-30 seconds after you shut them off. They all have Delphi DP210 rotary pumps.

We tried unplugging the shut-down solenoids. No change. We tried new shutdown solenoids: no change again.

Of course the guy who was working on all our pumps has retired. We have 6 similar pumps on Perkins diesels and another half-dozen b5.9's that all get their fuel at the same place, get maintained on the same schedule, etc. Some of the trucks have over 14 000 hours on them, a lot of it idling. These 4 have been a headache from the start and barely have 5000 hours. What should we do next?:frustrate

gmtech68

Reaction score
The pump and injectors are now at a different shop. Hopefully there's something I can do here as 3 of the 4 of them are now in the shop.

gmtech68

Reaction score
Apparently I'm talking to myself, but oh well. 2nd shop said that the latch valve had failed. Figured out what that was and sure enough, the spring had broken in half. Anyone ever heard of this?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Haven't herd of that happening, I was going to suggest looking in the intake for traces of oil.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online