47rh tranny issues? Needing advice

chris

Reaction score
Ok guys, i'll admit i dont know jack squat about the details of all the technicel aspects of how an automatic works. I'll do my best to explain whats going on w/ mine. Coming home today over donner pass, going about 70 mph up a steep grade the tranny shifted itself out of overdrive, just like i had done it manually. And i pushed the button to turn overdrive back on and it kicked back down. However whenever i be goin uphill and the enging had more of a load it would kick up, and its never done that. then when i would be going down a grade and let off the accelerator it would just stay in gear and not drop down in rpm's like it normally does. I checked fluid level, ok and had it flushed 12,000 miles ago. I'd just would like some feedback as to what might be happening. The tranny is on its first rebuild, had it rebuilt at 148000 and it got 240000 on now. Thanks

ndurbin

Reaction score
Well alotta people make good TC's. It's more a matter of what you use the truck for and the power level you are/want to be at as to which one to choose.

You might want to check this thread out over at the TDR forums for some info on the different TC's. TC thread at TDR There is some horn blowing and chest thumping by some but just overlook that.

Nathan

Last edited:

chris

Reaction score
boy,thanks guys, looked at the site at tdr and found out some good stuff.It does make sense to do it right and replace the whole tranny. Why the heck didn't dodge do it right when they started putting cummins engines in their pickups? Typical cheapskate auto makers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online