1st Thread!?

HoleshotHolset

Reaction score
I'd like to be the first person to post about the TDI's.

I beat the snot out of mine - and it still starts/runs everyday.

I have a quite a bit done to it and it goes okay....

I'm a certified diesel fanatic and look forward to checking out all the good stuff on this forum....

Later,

Matt

ROCKYMTNDMAX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to oilburners matt! Glad you stopped by! If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to PM a mod.

Max Power

Reaction score
We have a 03 Jetta TDI Loaded. I can't believe how well this thing starts in summer! This is the first VW we have owned. It is a daily comuter car for my better half. She loves it. She drove an 01 Grand Prix GTP before that so she complains about the power every now and then. She forgets about that when she fills up though ;)

HoleshotHolset

Reaction score
The good news is that there are a lot of pretty cheap ways to make the TDI's have bigger 'go-****'.

Matt

BRBarian

Reaction score
Hi guys...

Worked on my three TDIs today (oil changes, new filters...). All running well. :)

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into buying one to play with back and forth to work....... I put around 25,000 miles on in a year.... Nice to drive something different once and a while......

Is there anything I should look for? Never owned a VW?

Also what can you do to then to guve them some nuts... and what are the prices.... thank you very much!!!!:thanks: :moon: :thanks:

BRBarian

Reaction score
If you're serious about getting one, you should check out http://forums.tdiclub.com/

I've got 3 of them (MKIVs). I bought them for my kids...

My older daughter's has larger injectors, and an Upsolute chip. I also has a few other stealth mods (e.g. VR6 suspension, rear fogs,...). I bought this one new and had some fun with it. It looks stock, but isn't.

My son's is even quicker. It also has larger injectors and a tuning box, a mufflerectomy,.... Lots of mods. I bought this one used and the former owner did a lot to it...

My younger daughter's car is nearly stock, but I did add a skid plate and a few other mods. This one is slow, but still nice. I bought this one for her to encourage her to get her license. It didn't work... Her boyfriend just drives it around. :mad:

I want a TDI for myself, but I decided to wait for something special... My wife wants a Passat Wagon. If they offer that with a good engine, I'll probably buy one (unless MBenz sells diesels here again... I miss my 300TD).

chimlyss

**** Farmer
Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly picking up a new Golf. Anything in particular I should be looking for or trying to avoid?

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
That little 4 banger just keeps going and going and going.:D I bought mine mainly just to commute back and gorth to work 144 miles round trip wife runs to town in it all the town. Just about 80000 on it and other than timing belt done nothing to it but just oil and filter,air filter,fuel filter changes. Still on the original brake pads on the rear but I think its best time to change them shortly. Mine is stock other than the EGR mod back when I first got it. The fellow that did the change with the vagcom had two other VWs that he owned. They had some performance mods on them. He let me drive his wifes Jetta and told me to punch it so I did and :eek: that little thing would set you back in the seat reminded me of the ole 69 Dart ******* 340 I use to have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online