1995 F 250 CE light, runs rough Need Help

Chasman3

Reaction score
Went out to start my truck a couple of mornings ago and right after starting, the CE light came on and truck started running rough and "missing"(that's what it feels like). No power and stumbling on acceleration. Tried the code reader at Auotzone but no luck as truck is apparently OBD I. How do I pull the codes to see what has happened with my PSD? Any thoughts as to what may have caused this? I have 211,*** on the truck, manual trans. and always changed fluids, etc. when called for.
I replaced the water pump @ 190,xx miles and recently put in a new dual mass clutch(ouch!)
I am disabled and can't do a heck of a lot but what I can do, I will.
Thanks for all replies.
Chas

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Chas and welcome to OB.net,

The problem you describe sounds like you might have a burned under valve cover (UVC) harness. If you can, take a look at the electrical connectors that are located at the top of the valve covers, there are two on each cover (4 total), pull the connector apart and see if there is evidence of a pin shorting out or melting in the connector. This will cause the injector that that pin fires to not work which will cause the stumble or miss you describe.

The code readers at autozone wont pick up most of the codes that a PSD will throw.

Chasman3

Reaction score
Spot On Troubleshooting

95_Stroker, you know your stuff. Took the cover off and pulled the plugs on the passenger side. Rear plug has the rear pin burned off and slightly melted in that area. Receptacle on valve cover corresponds. What is the repair procedure from this point? Can I get a new plug and splice it or do I need to go back to source with it? What about the wire harness under the valve cover? Am I going to have to remove the air box on the firewall or is it just aggravatingly in the way? Thanks for the advice and help.
Chas

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chas....

Heres some parts numbers to chew on. If you have an IH truck shop nearby I would recommend using them as they will surely be a cheaper alternative than going to your Ford dealer.

Valve Cover Harness Repair Kits (contains 4 hard shells w/seals, w/o terminals)
(Ford) F7TZ-14489-BA (94-96)
(Ford) F7TZ-14489-AA (97)
(International) 1830829C91 removal tool and Shells w/o pins
(International) 1661875C1 Pins
(International) 2501055C1 Pins with 6" wire

Valve cover harness replacement terminals:
Industry P/N 103935; Winzer Distributing (1-800-527-4126) selection number D52

Valve Cover Gasket (94-97)
(Ford) F4TZ-6584-A
(International) 1818350C2

Valve Cover Harness, under valve cover
(Ford) F4TZ-9D930-K (94-97)
(International) 1815923C92 (94-97)

Cowboy2199

Ford Diesel Tech
Reaction score
Now arent you glad I sent you here Chasman3?? LOL

See guys I find this poor fella snoopin round the usenet forums, and sent him here. I knew one of you brainiacs would have the solution to his problem..

Thanks for proving me right Stroker...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now arent you glad I sent you here Chasman3?? LOL

See guys I find this poor fella snoopin round the usenet forums, and sent him here. I knew one of you brainiacs would have the solution to his problem..

Thanks for proving me right Stroker...

Thanks for recommending OB net to your friends, there is always room for more folks here.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online