1995 7.3 Wont Start

kcdigiacomo

Reaction score
So I think my relay maybe burned out. Truck will crank and white smoke comes out of exhaust pipe. Back story. I lent the truck to a friend and he ran it out of fuel. Since I have changed the filter but was giving trouble going down the road would sputter.

2 Questions

1. If my relay is burned out will that fix the starting problem? When friend broke down heated it up quite a bit to the point of burning it but truck has started until today. I am getting no voltage on it with the key on.

2. Is the sputtering issue. Is it possible that an injector is partially clogged and could it clear itself with time?

kcdigiacomo

Reaction score
Got it started but glow plug relay show voltage on 3 terminals when running. Is that normal? I was getting nothing on the terminal that has 2 wires connected to it, which I assume is the glow plug wires.

kcdigiacomo

Reaction score
Truck is idling nicely and just quit, started right back up, died, started right back up and idling fine again? Possible problems?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you driven it yet? Maybe air in the fuel lines. Did you bleed them?

kcdigiacomo

Reaction score
Yes, have driven it some was just idling in driveway for about an hour and just shut off not sputtering just shut down, started right back up

kcdigiacomo

Reaction score
I bled the right side to get it started. Will the rest of the air clear itself eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online