1991 f350 4x4

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello i have just been offered to buy a 91 f350 locally that has had a complete drop in jasper engine just under 40k miles ago and it the reg cab 4x4 with the five speed. He doesnt have much receipts except for the motor some oil changes and various other things. Thats all fine and dandy except that when i asked him about what brand of coolant additive he has been using he didnt know what i was talking about. So if this whole time hes been using just like prestone 50/50 how much damage has he done to the engine from not using the DCA. Also should i buy it? im afraid that the thing is going to messed from not using the DCA even though he says it runs and starts perfect.:dunno One last question if he is pulling 2100 rpms at 60-65 mph does it have the 4.10 gears in the axle?
parker

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imho 40k miles is not that big of a deal. Also, the offer price would dictate whether or not I am going to fuss over that detail. If the numbers are low enough, it doesn't matter. If the numbers are reaching retail, then the details count.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online