1990 F250 DSL Auto trans problem

condor74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my truck delays engagement when shifting into reverse. I can put it in drive and you an hear the RPM drop and engine load up. If you drop it into reverse the engine does not change pitch or speed. If I give it throttle, engine picks up then starts backing up. Best way I can describe it is like a high stall converter..only in reverse though. Fluid level is full. I have had the truck a couple of months but have not got all the paperwork transferred so it is not currently registered. It seems to shift ok when driving I have driven it around my neighborhood. It shifts from first to second then kinda shifts to third and then fourth very quickly almost stacking them....Sorry cant do any wide open shift tests in the neighborhood.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
That is delayed reverse. Very common Ford problem. If it doesn't bother you can leave it alone. If dose bother you it can be corrected with a shift kit,or a correction kit.

condor74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good...I have receipts for a full rebuild the transmission had 2 years ago. Probably less than 5000 miles ago. previous owner so I am sure no warrentee...I wont worry about it then thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel