York air pump mounting

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone has used the air comp bracket to mount their York, would it be possible to share a few pictures for me? I'm having problems getting the angles right. I know it doesn't need to be plumb, but my o.c.d. Says otherwise. Really the jigsaw puzzle that is the bracketry for these trucks is throwin me off. Final resort will be mocking one up on the bench, but I see hours into just getting it firmly setting the way it's attached to motor, in order to get it plum. I'm not the type to just hold it in place and weld scrap to it until it's solid. Thanks

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bracket... Somewhere... I can't remember off what though. Might have been a 460.

I think it was relatively simple, is your truck an AC truck? If not it's easy, just put it where the factory pump would be. If so, a different can of worms. I was thinking about doing mine off of a double power steering pulley myself.

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is to use the factory a/c bracket, as it looks like it would be the simplest and cleanest to fab up. I should also note that my old a/c system has been removed, so the York will be occupying the area the old ford pump used to live...I've got plenty of serpentine stuff sittin on shelves, don't really see the need to convert. Yet. I like my v belts.

If this has not been done yet, I will document with pictures. I understand many of you need to keep your air conditioning, but I'll get pics for the folks that don't need or want a/c

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id love a York on a serp.

You must be registered for see images attach

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have a total of four complete serpentine sets, along with enough spares to come close to six, lol. I think the reman York I got had the option of serpentine pulley same price. I've just grown used to the v belts on my old 6.9s and kinda stuck with em

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin