WTB: c6 4x4 - from any engine

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 4x4 C6 transmission... Don't care what it came from. I honestly don't even care if it's totally blown up. All I want from it is the rear housing and output shaft so I can turn a 2wd diesel C6 into a 4x4. So if anyone has one, let me know. Or even better would be a diesel 4x4 transmission, but it's not necessary.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one that I could pull those parts from and ship them to you. I've never torn apart a tranmission, but guessing I can get that tail shaft out. Let me know. It's a 70's model c6 that originally had a NP205 on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Paullina, IA 51046

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
I have one that I could pull those parts from and ship them to you. I've never torn apart a tranmission, but guessing I can get that tail shaft out. Let me know. It's a 70's model c6 that originally had a NP205 on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Paullina, IA 51046

The 70's C6/205 combos had two different tailshaft/adapter lengths. He will need the short version. You can Google it to see the difference.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll see if I can access the dead one that was just replaced by my wife's friend. He may still have the dead soldier diesel 4x C6 if so I can likely get it apart n shipped!

give me few days.

Al

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Thanks guys, let me know how everything goes. Billy, if nothing else, I'll have to make a trip to come see you. A diesel 4x4 trans would be the absolute best thing I could find, but if I have to I'm going to just tear apart a 4x4 trans and make the 2wd diesel one I have work.

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
I have a 4x4 C6 that I pulled from my '89. I need the adapter to put on my 460 cased unit, but the trans itself is a good unit. I also have a good torque converter and flexplate/flywheel. I'm located 4 hours north of St Louis in SE Iowa.

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I sure wish you were closer. I have a C6 in my 85 6.9 4wd...and I want a T19 for it!