Would anyone check this out

1994IDI

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot, but is anyone close to check this truck out for me? I know it's overpriced, but I'm very interested in it and have already talked to the guy. He has some room to come down, and it has a new motor. The last motor went down due to cavitation, and he replaced it with a new one. It has 4000 miles on the new turbo motor, and 170,000 on the truck.
I would really appreciate if we had any members in the area close enough to check it out. He said he would be completely fine with someone taking it to drive, and as a matter of fact, he said he wouldn't feel comfortable selling it to me otherwise. He is very easy to talk to and sounds like a nice guy. I'm heading down to Mississippi, and am ready to buy within the next couple of weeks.
Thanks- Jared

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2185948471.html

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
If I was near I'd check it out for you. But like you already realized, that truck is pretty expensive, on top of a new motor, it had better be rust free and pretty clean on the inside for that price.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hey Jared, That is WAY stinkin high for a Texas truck. For around there that thing for that kind of money had best be showroom perfect and that engine had better be from a national rebuilder and have a transferrable warranty, otherwise, he's barking a few thousand bucks too high from the get go.
Clean older trucks grow on trees in Texas. If the engine doesn't have a transferrable warranty, then it's no different than any other old used engine as far as you are concerned, because you are buying a pig in a poke just like any other old used truck engine same as if it had 300,000 miles on it. i don't care if the guys got a recept for the engine. If you don't get the warranty for the thing there's no dang way that you should pay for it, because that's his selling point.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you gave over 4k that would be too much. I know its nice but I bought my truck from texas probably at least 6 years ago for 5k and prices have came way down since then. Mine had high miles but looked a lot nicer then than it does now. It was about like that truck and had ranchhand bumpers and a headache rack and some other gadgets inside but the interior was wore out from the high miles.

It does look like it has power mirrors, that would be nice. I will be converting mine to that this summer probably. It does look like a nice truck.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Thanks guys. All good points. I will have to see how much he is willing to come down. He hasn't had any luck selling it at all and im sure the price is why. I would definitely like to find someone to look at it still. Its a lot of things together that are reaching out to mme over the price, i.e. D60 front, 4.10 rear, new engine, 5 speed, rust free, 4x4, turbo, new tires and its owned by the second owner who knew the first owner.
Anyway, I hope he'll come down with a cash offer since no one else has made him a real offer.
P.s. bear with me sounding funny; im posting from my phone.

sassyrel

Reaction score
the thing id be seriously nervous about--is the engine--why??? because theres one tooo many rebuilders aout there,,that either dont know what there doing--or dont know how to sleeve the block properly..and there aint a single 7.3 that gets rebuilt--that i wouldnt sleeve,,,,because of the cavitation issue...one tooooo may stories of incompetent "rebuilders"...and if that block wasnt sleeved on all eight, i wouldnt buy it,period--and even with proof,,that it was sleeved on all eight,id still be edgy

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you seriously need to search more.
look around on there at what else $8500 buys you.all will become clear.;)
with fuel prices through the roof,trucks are being sold left and right at good prices.keep looking.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Anyone in the area who could take a look at it? I'm going to talk to him tonight about what he can do with the price.
And is it member "on da road" who does the shipping with vehicles? Anyone know if he's around on here much, or any other members who have the same service?

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
One thought I have-is what does he mean by a "new engine"? To many people say "I just put in a new engine ,when it is just another engine -used-patched up whatever they found.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTEAnd is it member "on da road" who does the shipping with vehicles? Anyone know if he's around on here much, or any other members who have the same service?

I talk to OnDaRoad about every day, he's heading for Kali right now, and if he pick's up a truck to take to AZ he might haul it for you. Just PM him on here and he will answer you, or You can email us @ [email protected]

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I wander what his reserve is. Right now up to 1500. Not worth too much more than that w 300,000 miles and 2wd