Would anyone check this out

1994IDI

Reaction score
One thought I have-is what does he mean by a "new engine"? To many people say "I just put in a new engine ,when it is just another engine -used-patched up whatever they found.

It's a new long block. He said he ordered it, so it was never used. Which is why I wasn't worried about the sleeves and so forth. He is going to get me the name of the shop and see if they are reputable.

Thanks to everyone for looking for me. Very much appreciated.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea I noticed that CC I posted had 300k on the clock too. But its the old 7.3 psd, and as far as I know those are just as good as any IDI motor as far as reliability goes, I'd think it would have a couple hundred thousand more in it. Biggest thing is how hard were the owners on it. Its VERY clean though, if I was in the market for a PSD I'd buy it even though it was 2wd.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
It's a new long block. He said he ordered it, so it was never used. Which is why I wasn't worried about the sleeves and so forth. He is going to get me the name of the shop and see if they are reputable.

a *new* long block? I'm curious, where do you get a new one from?
My experience has had alot of negatives with 'rebuilt' 7.3's I would definately want to check it out before any money is involved. I'd also look into the warranty transfer, these are some very expensive engines to service.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Drew, I'm with you there. I will not be talking money until I know the specifics. I wanted to call him tonight, but was hoping to find someone who was close enough to check it out first. I will post the shop name when he tells me. He said it had a one year warranty, but it just ran out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't say much about how much re-man they do. Like are all the cyl's sleeved on a 7.3. If you would look at Promar, they tell you exactly what is done,

awhtx

Reaction score
I live 50 miles west of Belton and I could go look at it next week. What exactly do you want to know about it? If you will be passing through this area (Central Texas) on your way to MS do you plan to go look at it? As others have said- I don't think you need to worry about it being sold any time soon at that price. I have always found that the real negotiating on price starts when you are standing there face-to-face with cash in hand.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Damn you would possibly be a life saver. I would pass you some fuel money. What day could you possibly do it?
I am flying to MS so I won't be passing through.
I mostly just want someone to drive it, and look it all over just like they were buying it. Let me know what they think from a buyer's prospective. I know it's still very high priced, but I can't find anything else I want. I'm damn picky. I have to have a mechanical diesel, rust free, 4x4, manual trans, longbed.