working on truck soon

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am going back home on the 24th and I am pulling the 6.9. I think I am going to bring it back to school with me to work on it. Will be putting the new cam in and routing my turbo drain to the oil pan. This is going to be leak free this time. when I am finished I will post pics. Cant wait to drive the ford again, I miss shifting gears and listening to that whistle!!!!

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got the motor pulled last night and had to drive back to school late.

I pulled it with the turbo on, and broke the pyro sender with the threads still in the exhaust (didnt work anyways), and the glowplug controller snapped in half so I guess ill have manual gp's. Now its time to get everything cleaned up again and try figure out where in the world all the oil was always coming from. I am going back in two weeks so I'll try to get some pictures then.

Also the torque cam is still sitting on my bedroom floor so this will be going in as well with new injectors, IP, electric fuel pump, new turbo drain, and hopefully going to make an intake hat.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Not sure if you know already, but Russ makes a pretty nice intake hat for $100. I just installed it on my truck, and am very happy with it. Good luck.