WMO in an IDI

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got buckets and buckets of wmo in my garage out of all the diesels we have runnin up at my house. i was wondering how i could run this in the IDI im buyin. will it gum anything up, how should i mix/filter it?:dunno

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There many different ways guys are filtering the stuff, but it seems the IDI's can run different percentages of mixtures.
The thread with pics on setups types really helps. Now that the weather is getting warmer here I'm starting to use wmo again, about a 10% mix.
Welcome to the wmo group.;Sweet

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would mix it... 1/3 wmo 2/3 Diesel. I always ran it thur a sock filter 10micron, then into the tank. Did that for few thousand miles no issue, now dads got it... Straight Diesel for him.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
I have been running about 40% B-100 40% WMO and 20% diesel and it has been the best blend i have brewed up yet. The coldest its been has been maybe 8 C and she flashes right up, runs like a top. a hint more power diesel and economy is up a bit to

badaceds650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just started doing the wmo for about 5,000 miles now. I ran 30-40% in the winter, in the last couple weeks I have been running 60-70%. As soon as the summer hits I plan on running 80%, which a fellow employee runs in the summer and has the same basic truck as me, so it should be ok.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running WMO for (I think) 4 years. The only lesson I've learned about, is the value in pre-filtering the oil. If you want to, you can simply dump the oil out of your oil change drain pan right into the fuel tank. It won't hurt the engine but it will hurt your wallet as this will quickly clog the fuel filter and they aren't cheap! The idea is to filter the used motor oil with a cheap filter that results in a fuel that will not prematurely clog the expensive diesel fuel filter on your engine. I accomplish this with (cheap) #4 coffee filters paper clipped to a funnel. Mix the wmo 50-50 with diesel fuel or home heating oil or K1 and gravity feed in through the filter into a clean jug. This will result in a fuel that works pretty good at most temperatures (after the engine warms). I only run this mixture after the engine warms, start-up and shut down is with regular diesel. During the summer, this may not be necessary? The wmo fuel mixture runs quieter than diesel and drops my fuel mileage from 20 mpg to 16 or 17 and has slightly less power. If you're not towing heavy nor climbing big mountains you may not notice the power difference

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel