WMO centerfuge....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
for those guys around semi trucks, mainly macks, how well do you think a centerfugal filter off a mack engine would work to filter WMO?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those guys around semi trucks, mainly macks, how well do you think a centerfugal filter off a mack engine would work to filter WMO?

Being its a filter, can you clean em out.
What kind of oil pressure do these engines run??
If your able to match that pressure, should work, can you get one for less then "retail".

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
If you can get an idea on how fast it spins we could find out if it is comparable

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
all i know is when the engines run they average 15-30 psi. after shutting down the engine from idle you can hear them spinning for almost a minute after sometimes. i will see if i can find a picture. a quick search online showes it spins at 7500 rpm average, but changes with oil pressure

and as for cheap? probly from the junk yard. the cartridge is replaceable inside it.
this is what the cartridge looks like...
You must be registered for see images

these guys are the one who made the design for mack

https://www.mann-hummel.com/mhuk/upload/doc/HBYZW2feieb.pdf

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
What's the drum diameter?

I might be interested if I could fit one on my truck and its not to crazily priced.

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys thinking:

1: This will filter WMO right in the truck after its been settled in a barrel for 24 hrs - week (whatever it takes for water/sediment to get to the bottom).
2: An additional filter on the truck for processed WMO.
3: A way of centrifuging WMO at home.

Whatever of the three it does look like an interesting sollution, especially if option one or two are possible in IDI's.

sassyrel

Reaction score

for those of us,,who arent semi truck educated,,tell us,,of this centrifuge...

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score

the shorter grey filter at the rear of the engine is the centrifuge. on this model it is mounted on the oil filter housing, so to use it you would need the entire housing and would end up with 2 bypass oilfilters and the centrifuge.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
no I didn't. had a lot more come up. one day I will do some testing. plenty of mack engines in yards around me.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the diameter, and best guess on the capacity. It looks like not a lot more than the 65GPH unit the PA Biodiesel sells. If thats the case, it's around 10,000 G seconds, which in the way if centrifuges is the bottom end of things. RPM isn't nearly as important as diameter, and capacity with the flow rate added in. A unit that turns 3000RPM and has a capacity of 30 ounces will be just as efficient as a unit turning 6000RPM but only holds 15 ounces given they are fed with the same flow rate.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got mine from a western star truck with a c13 CAT out of a junk yard. i only knew it was there because the truck was from a company my dad works for and he said it went to that yard after it was wrecked. it was an add on unit and i cant remember the name off hand but its identical to the pa-bio units

The junkyard didnt even know what it was so i handed them a $20 and everyone was happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online