Wiring harness

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in need of a engine to dash harness for a '91 F250 7.3,4x4,5speed,reg.cab.

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do have a lot of parts, but their harnesses are for gasoline/carbureted trucks only.

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am told it HAS to be off a '91, cannot be off any other year. Picture? # of pins?

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New
I am told it HAS to be off a '91, cannot be off any other year. Picture? # of pins?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I SAY I HAVE ONE....I have one

You must be registered for see images attach

This was an F350 7.3 zf 4x non ac truck.

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my inexperience. The harness I need lays on top of the right front fender. If I read your post correctly your clip is off a F350. If that is correct your harness is different than mine.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What harness specifically do you need.

This is the engine bay harness...it connects to the chassis harness fkr tail lights sending units fuel select valve etc

It has all the forward lighting and signals hvac starter cirguts and connects to the ENGINE harness.

That large round plug connects to the dash....based on you wanting the engine to dash harness this should be the one.

Ifnu want the harness that is ON the engine that is different...but 87-91 should fit f250 or 350 no matter

F250 f350 no matter for engine bay harness too.

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As i mentioned earlier the plug on my truck is on the right inner fender panel and is rectangular. I have been told numerous times if the harness is not off of a '91 F250 7.3 diesel then it is not compatible. I have NO round plugs on my truck. I have searched high and low for one of these. The mech. was able to splice the two ends together to repair my truck. The side of the plug actually touching the fender was deteriorated beyond repair.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As i mentioned earlier the plug on my truck is on the right inner fender panel and is rectangular. I have been told numerous times if the harness is not off of a '91 F250 7.3 diesel then it is not compatible. I have NO round plugs on my truck. I have searched high and low for one of these. The mech. was able to splice the two ends together to repair my truck. The side of the plug actually touching the fender was deteriorated beyond repair.
U need to take clear pictures of this plug you speak of. There is no way by description you are able to convey it.

The only rectangular plug on pass side could be the GLOW PLUG CONTROLLER HARNESS but that is not what you are describing.

F250/350 should in no way matter what so ever....that has nothing to do w electrical..its axles that define it.

So again....please take clear pictures close up and at a distance so we know where and what you are looking for.

That is a 91 engine bay harness that plug is located on the drivers side or as seated in cab on the left.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 91. That's all I have under the hood except the GP harness. Not to sound condescending or anything but are you sure it's a 91? The 92's have a rectangular plug coming through the firewall. 87-91 look like this. Very subtle differences within those years but generally all cross compatible.

Do you know what system that harness belonged too? Obviously you had it to a mechanic for some reason. Any other clues you can give or pictures would be exceedingly helpful. Even the colors of the wires going into it would help.

Just trying to help you find what you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin