What type of rotor do I have on my truck?!?

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I start hearing that lovely grinding noise thats screaming " hey! you have a cracked rotor!" :rolleyes: I go to the local parts store ( technicaly a Bumper to Bumper), get the front rotors for a DRW 93 F350 2WD. Last I checked that IS what I drive, right? :confused: So we get the tire off and the rotor on my truck is attached to the hub. Its one whole unit. Took it to advance and autozone and they both said " not anything we carry." Soooooo.....

1. What exactly am I looking for here? I'll post pics of whats on it in a few. and

2. WHY is my truck different from the rest of the 93 F350 2WD DRW's out there? :dunno

HELP!!!!!!!!:yell:

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
shoul br a pressed fit had one like it got rid of it last year knock the studs out and then it should come out with a little bigger hammer

luc to ya

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
you take the whole hub off then you have to knock out the wheel studs and the rotor will come right off. i think they were like 60 each.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tanya, sorry I didn't get your message until this morning. If you still need to speak give a call. I think you got your answer.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the parts guys need to find another thing they call a JOB....:D

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
mine has an extension/hub that bolts to the rotor. pull the hub, on the backside of the rotor/hub, unbolt the extension/hub (studs are pressed into the front of extension/hub) install new rotor, tighten and install. wheel bearing torque for my 86' is 20 to 25 lbs and back off 1/8 turn.
don't know if it's a dually thing or not with the extension.:dunno
chris