What turbo is this?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I would absolutely love to see pictures of the turbo paperwork! I'd even be interested in buying that paperwork just to have it in the glove box of my truck I've been restoring! very happy to hear you got her home and running!
Maybe you could get him to make copies of the paperwork and send them to you?

logfarmer

Reaction score
Cleaned the water separator per Agnem, put five gallons of clean diesel in the tank, finally got it going on the new fuel. There are two problems so far, the engine will start and run, but has a lope or surge it idles but will not stay at one rpm. It revs fine but still seems to have a surge at any rpm. the other is fairly serious smoke or blow by comming out of the oil filler tube.

logfarmer

Reaction score
Yes I can scan the paperwork and send the scan to whoever might be interested. Is it possible to upload scanned documents to the oil burners website?

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I can scan the paperwork and send the scan to whoever might be interested. Is it possible to upload scanned documents to the oil burners website?
If you'd do that I would be super happy you can email to me at [email protected]. For the lope I would be bypassing that water separator they are known to cause air intrusion. While its running bump the shreader valve open on the filter housing what comes out air or solid stream of fuel? Fill the fuel filter with a mix of atf and seafoam then start it and let it run for 10 seconds then shut it down and let it sit like that overnight it will clean out the injection pump and injectors.

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a acceleration video of my truck. It is up a medium incline hill and my speedometer gear is slipping a little bit but its actually pretty quick for a idi.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

logfarmer

Reaction score
While under the engine looking around i noticed an aluminum apparatus fastened to the engine block in place of the oil filter which extended down several inches where the oil filter screwed on it and had some pipes or hoses going off of it. I thought it was part of the turbo but after looking at the instructions today there is nothing like that included in the kit. Will get some photos tomorrow. Any idea what this might be?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Hotshots Extreme seems to get recommended around here a lot. I've had good luck with it myself. I know Tractor Supply carries it at least.

I have seen it at Napa and truck stops too.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
While under the engine looking around i noticed an aluminum apparatus fastened to the engine block in place of the oil filter which extended down several inches where the oil filter screwed on it and had some pipes or hoses going off of it. I thought it was part of the turbo but after looking at the instructions today there is nothing like that included in the kit. Will get some photos tomorrow. Any idea what this might be?

Sounds like an oil filter relocation kit
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...4tge1tR_g7BCsVbj4NWkcb5r8s-mst9oaAklTEALw_wcB

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see the paperwork too. I've never seen any paperwork, the names I gave are the ones that I've ran across in my searching of one of the turbo top manifolds.

I emailed rajay turbo a few years ago asking about it, and never got a response. Rajay seems like they make turbo kits for airplanes yet, So I'd say they're still in business.

BAE never got back to me either, but I don't think they're in business anymore.

I could never find a website for turbo engineering that seemed legitimate.

So any paperwork you have would definitely be something to see.

logfarmer

Reaction score
If anyone wants to see the paper work it is in a PDF file and can be sent by email, or if it is possible, to put it on this site in some way. Would need instructions about that.
Martin

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember being able to upload a PDF before. Let's see if this works as a test.

Can anyone else see it?

Attachments

• Turbo CFM numbers.pdf
    147.9 KB · Views: 11