What is this plug for?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts what this plug would have been used for? It wasn't connected when I got the truck and I don't see anything within reach that it could go to. Wires are a Red/White, Red/Lime Green (or yellow?), and 2 Black.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 7

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Any thoughts what this plug would have been used for? It wasn't connected when I got the truck and I don't see anything within reach that it could go to. Wires are a Red/White, Red/Lime Green (or yellow?), and 2 Black.
I believe that is for the wait to start lamp and wif light

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense since I have a manual glow button. Thank you.
I assume it's been just sitting there like that since I got the truck so I guess that couldn't have anything to do with my new key start problem?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never done a manual conversion on a bricknose truck so I am not even 100% that you even have the provision for the clutch switch.

On the aero nose it is clipped up to the structure of the dash directly in front of that harness you just took a picture of.

James

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That makes sense since I have a manual glow button. Thank you.
I assume it's been just sitting there like that since I got the truck so I guess that couldn't have anything to do with my new key start problem?
Nope completely unrelated

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this plug has 12v when the key is in Run then I guess it would be a good place to get power to my new start button?
And I guess I should add an inline fuse between the plug and the button?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that would work as long as there is a wire there with continuous key on power.

My opinion a fuse is always a good idea. You may check to see if the wire you're pulling from may already be fused, if so I wouldn't add another one. Multiple fuses on the same line could create confusion for diagnostics if a problem ever occurred.

James