What is this bracket for?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
@XOLATEM you may be onto something with the Coke holder theory! That would put it rite close to the only thing it's really good for, it's a battery terminal cleaner holder :idiot:

James
Except that it would work better for a bottle holder. Coke cans are a one time only use for battery cleaning. Once they're open, they can't be closed without using extreme measures which aren't practical. A bottle can be closed for future use. Now that's just going off of today's plastic bottle. I wonder if you could put the cap back onto the glass bottles that were in use when these trucks were new?

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to mention it here, but....... it's actually a place to store an extra can of Coke if your inside cupholders are full.
I can't claim to have had this idea first...it was JF....

@XOLATEM you may be onto something with the Coke holder theory!
I am sorry...I appreciate the sentiment...but I am also a firm believer in giving credit where it is due...

@Jesus Freak was the first to mention a can of Coke...

we can blame him for busting our bubble on the 'jack bracket's' REAL purpose....

when it comes to wild-hair inspirations...I can't hold a candle to him...

he has me beat...hands down...!!

Moving right along...apparently he...@Jesus Freak and @Old Goat both have the original jack, bracket, tire iron and twirly thing...

Anyone else want to chime in...??

I wonder if you could put the cap back onto the glass bottles that were in use when these trucks were new?

Yes, I suppose that could be done two ways...

One...if you had salvaged the tooling from a defunct Coke bottling plant...or...

Two...if you 'winged it' but were REAL CAREFUL not to bust the glass...

Come to think of it...I believe you can get a bottle-cap tool from home-brew beer supply houses...

Last edited:

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't claim to have had this idea first...it was JF....

I am sorry...I appreciate the sentiment...but I am also a firm believer in giving credit where it is due...

@Jesus Freak was the first to mention a can of Coke...

we can blame him for busting our bubble on the 'jack bracket's' REAL purpose....

when it comes to wild-hair inspirations...I can't hold a candle to him...

he has me beat...hands down...!!

Moving right along...apparently he...@Jesus Freak and @Old Goat both have the original jack, bracket, tire iron and twirly thing...

Anyone else want to chime in...??

Yes, I suppose that could be done two ways...

One...if you had salvaged the tooling from a defunct Coke bottling plant...or...

Two...if you 'winged it' but were REAL CAREFUL not to bust the glass...

Come to think of it...I believe you can get a bottle-cap tool from home-brew beer supply houses...
My extended cab has it all, service truck doesn’t have the bracket or anything jack related, lug wrench only, nor stickers for jacking instructions… there is no jacking instructions pamphlet with the owners manual, however, everything else is there, diesel supplement, radio supplement, F-Super Duty supplement, owners manual, maintenance log, window sticker, and warranty card… as well as information regarding the service bed… not much to that, seemed kinda pointless… but anyways, maybe it never had a jack?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO I missed the can part. I was thinking plastic bottles.
Me too, at first, but I had to remember what was being used at that time. It sure wasn't plastic bottles. I had forgotten that the glass bottles needed a bottle opener since the lids were press on and not the screw on type.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know is that a three ton floor jack can’t lift one side of the back of my service truck… gotta use two, or a bigger bottle jack.
In that case, you have been lied to about the rating of that jack. My 3.5 Ton from Costco easily lifts the entire rear of my pickup under the pumpkin, which is about 2,000lbs. Lifts each front axle easily too, which would be about the same weight(2k each). If you're in the market for one, I recommend it!
You must be registered for see images attach

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case, you have been lied to about the rating of that jack. My 3.5 Ton from Costco easily lifts the entire rear of my pickup under the pumpkin, which is about 2,000lbs. Lifts each front axle easily too, which would be about the same weight(2k each). If you're in the market for one, I recommend it!
@The_Josh_Bear .........read his post......now go stack 1000# of tools, a generator, a air compressor, water jug, 100 empty convenience store coffee cups and coke cans, 100-150# of generic stuff and a couple things that you're not sure what that are but might be useful in a pinch and dunage lots of dunnage on back of your truck and THEN try your jack and see how she does. My regular floor jack won't lift my tow trucks service bed.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And oh yeah, you can't put a floor jack under the bracket under the hood.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of those Costco Jacks, bought them for $90 at a Costco in Portland, Or.
They have worked pretty good all these years.

I also have a Lincoln 4 ton long frame Jack. They bought where I use to work. Some dummy tried to hack up one of the Dump trucks and blew out the Seals I guess.
It then sat in the back corner of the shop for several years.
We were between Forman`s of the Yard, and I threw it in my PU. Eventually it would have been scrapped, and was never missed.
I have probably had it for 20 years, and now it sits in the back corner of my shop.
Do a Google search and the new seals are available, I just need to get with it.
This thing is so heavy, weighs more than I do.

Goat

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@The_Josh_Bear .........read his post......now go stack 1000# of tools, a generator, a air compressor, water jug, 100 empty convenience store coffee cups and coke cans, 100-150# of generic stuff and a couple things that you're not sure what that are but might be useful in a pinch
and dunage lots of dunnage on back of your truck and THEN try your jack and see how she does. My regular floor jack won't lift my tow trucks service bed.
I was just trying to say a 3 ton jack should be able to lift 6k...which I couldn't imagine his service truck would weigh PER rear tire.

Service truck fully outfitted is 16,325 lbs full of fuel. I’ve weighed it.
But then again I could be wrong. :cry:

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just trying to say a 3 ton jack should be able to lift 6k...which I couldn't imagine his service truck would weigh PER rear tire.

But then again I could be wrong. :cry:
Yeah, and it's rear heavy to boot... and no worries about being wrong, the only thing I'm right about is that I'm usually wrong LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online