What Oils Do You Use ?

Underground

Underground Diesel
Reaction score
Please look into Schaeffers Oils and you will be glad you did. Their Base is by far the best and they are the only ones to add a anti friction lubricant. Mileage and power gains are very common with this oil. My 1000hp Dmax lasted 60k miles with Schaeffers fluid, i beat the crap out of that motor until i finally decided to refresh it. Its the best oil hands down.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please look into Schaeffers Oils and you will be glad you did. Their Base is by far the best and they are the only ones to add a anti friction lubricant. Mileage and power gains are very common with this oil. My 1000hp Dmax lasted 60k miles with Schaeffers fluid, i beat the crap out of that motor until i finally decided to refresh it. Its the best oil hands down.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/

Im a dealer for you guys, lol. What are yall doing here ?

Underground

Underground Diesel
Reaction score
My Schaeffers dealer is here in Vegas and i sell it out of our shop plus run it in our trucks.

Who are you?

Im here posting and reading like everyone else.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Schaeffers dealer is here in Vegas and i sell it out of our shop plus run it in our trucks.

Who are you?

Im here posting and reading like everyone else.

Im Kyle at Strokers Unlimited. I sell your products out of my shop lol.

I didnt think you guys would be over on this one, im actually surprised at the amount of people with newer trucks on this side of the forum world.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Back to the top with a question.....

Does anyone have any experience with the Traveller from TSC, or the Country Tough form Orscheln Farm stores.... I have read the Traveller from Tractor Supply has good numbers, similar the to the Super-Tech brand from Wally-World.....

Has anyone used these paticular oils..... Right now, Orscheln has 2 gal of 15W-40 Country Tough for $20..

tractorman86

Reaction score
Personally I just ran my first service on dello and don't like it, seems to start slower, warm up slower and at 2500mi fuel milage seems to be down. Although it works great in the idis I won't be using it again in the 6.0

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I found that AutoZone had Valvoline Premium Blue for 12.99 a gallon..... through the end of the month.... so I bought 4 gallons... will put it in tonight.....

One trick.... it is 12.99 limit 2... so have them ring you up in 2 seperate orders.....

Now I hope my truck doesn't think it needs to run on 6 cylinders instead of 8.........

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure... it was in the ad, and marked on the shelf...... it is a good price on the oil...

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I have ran Delo 400, Super Tech, Motorcraft, Rotella-T in my 6.0. I'm going to run Lucas 5W-40 Full Syn with a bypass filter. I have always used Motorcraft Oil Filters!

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
Just curious as to what everyone is using, how many miles you've used it and if you have had any issues.

We have seen quite a few Rotella related injector failures here at the shop, as well as failures from using the WIX filter with the taller filter cap.

I would say the Wix filters caused the Failures. More so then the oil. The filters dont press down on the drain valve and causes the oil not to be filtered. I can see that creating the injector failure....JMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFXd2KRB4Qo

fourx4bomber

Trevor
Reaction score
Just wanted to clarify on the 6.0 filters. Any after market filter for the 6.0 is the same as stock....meaning they buy the filter from the same supplier as motorcraft with exception to wix and a few larger ones who have modified the design. The reason for this is because ford has a patent on the clip on the top of the filter, which is why Wix has it attatched to the lid, so they can supply their own filter and get around the patent. So you can buy the cheap cartridge filter or the motorcraft FL2016..up to you. You can pull the FL2016 out of the box and match up numbers on most cheaper filters such as fram/Honeywell.

I am the store manager at oreilly auto parts. Got this information from Wix Rep and have researched it myself.

Last edited:

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Motorcraft or Fram is the only way to go. Both are made by Racor and will have the same patent number on them. Because of the patent all other filters will be slightly different and you are taking a risk running them. Same is to be said about the fuel filters.

As for oil any diesel rated 10W30, It doesn't shear down like 15W40 and cold starts are much smoother!