U joint troubles

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it reflect equal torque value?
Not positive what you mean by this but would assume it functions similar to a crows foot instead just has a 12 sided fitting. The torque value on the wrench may need to be changed a bit based on the length of the dogbone socket, to accommodate the torque value. There are calculators online for this such as

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how call are getting torque wrenches on these, well I guess crowfoot? My tools haven’t advanced that far yet
I believe all my yolks are still good so hopefully they can just retube it instead of make a new one
I assume the 2 piece driveshafts ain’t cheap
Too bad the 155” wb 6.9 2wd t-19 driveshafts are no where to be found at junkyards
Y’all think these straps are over kill or a good idea?
For what it's worth I've seen some of these parts on Bronco graveyard for a bit cheaper than elsewhere (the one linked below is $7)- not positive on your truck's specs but this strap kit seems more reasonable than the one pictured above

Black dawg

Reaction score
Straps and u bolts are specific to the type of yoke being used. Not interchangeable.

Is this 1330 series or 1350 series u joints? Looks like 1330 series. If so, need to make dang sure that it doesnt require the big cap 1330f in that position.

If I remember correctly, u joint u bolt nuts are under 20 ft lbs. Pretty easy to distort the cap, which is why ford came up with the big cap 1330.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I can always get at ujoint strap bolts with a socket and wobble extension. Might have to clock the shaft around for better angle though.

The straps and bolts can be bought at rockauto or wherever you buy ujoints.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the red line I drew what is needed for a u joint cap measurement?

Attachments

• IMG_3862.jpeg
    IMG_3862.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 7

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$900 later I got a new driveshaft only thing left saving was the slip joint and rear yolk
They said that the strap failure is extremely rare and must’ve been a result of reusing the straps after the first failure back in August

Attachments

• IMG_3902.jpeg
    IMG_3902.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 11

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice hood, BTW!!! :Thumbs Up
The old brown one in the bed or the American flag? If it’s the flag thank you! I painted it myself when I was 15 because when I bought it had that brown hood as seen in the bed

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old brown one in the bed or the American flag? If it’s the flag thank you! I painted it myself when I was 15 because when I bought it had that brown hood as seen in the bed
The one you painted. 15, wow, you've got talent! I saw the one in the bed along with the door, though, hanging out with your fresh drive shaft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86