What is unusual about this photo?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
that that photo came from fourdoorbronco.com and its not a bronco LOL , and its a centurion without simulators or aftermarket wheels

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an F-Superduty with a 4-door cab and a regular pickup bed. Probably started life as a long-wheelbase truck, then the rear axle got moved to where it matches the wheelbase of a F350 crew pickup and the excess frame got chopped off. If you look close you will notice that the rear wheels look like they sit a bit too much inboard of the fender (as compared to a factory pickup dually where the wheels almost stick out), this suggests there were no spacers installed on the D80 axle to bring it to pickup track width. Basically if you want a very heavy-duty pickup truck that can still haul your family around, this is it - now ride comfort for said family is probably an entirely different matter, lol.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an F-Superduty with a 4-door cab and a regular pickup bed. Probably started life as a long-wheelbase truck, then the rear axle got moved to where it matches the wheelbase of a F350 crew pickup and the excess frame got chopped off. If you look close you will notice that the rear wheels look like they sit a bit too much inboard of the fender (as compared to a factory pickup dually where the wheels almost stick out), this suggests there were no spacers installed on the D80 axle to bring it to pickup track width. Basically if you want a very heavy-duty pickup truck that can still haul your family around, this is it - now ride comfort for said family is probably an entirely different matter, lol.
you're right on all counts.
the front axle is the giveaway to the true colors of the beast.
F450's only came factory with a reg cab.
centurion actually stretched the frame under the cab to accomodate the "S" kickup under the seat. I've physically touched these trucks many times thanks to a local mounted PD unit having two in their fleet. unfortunately, they had powderchokes under the hood.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score

I got a little happy when I saw this thing, yup it's a wolf in sheeps clothing :sly

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Centurion in White Pigeon MI went out of business as far as I know. Missed there auction, don't remember what year, I think 2002. They have/had another division Advantage Van conversions, brand names were/are Rockwood, Cobra and another.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
With the high end trucks available from the factory now the custom market has been killed, vans still have reason to be customized.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats nasty looking
its a 2wd that sits like its 4x4
the f superduty pickup seems like it should have sold more
if you think about it thats the truck to tow a huge 5th wheel with
or one of those mobile home bumper pull 50's campers

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm scared of that, all good things must migrate out of kali, it seems to have killed my F600 plans for now too :puke: unless I build a propane 460 :sly
if you ever babysat a propane powered fleet, you wouldn't be considering that. there's no lubricity in the gas so you will have all sorts of cylinder head problems. upside is the short blocks almost last forever if a valve doesn't drop into the piston.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At a recent swap-meet, we parked beside a very late-model white F-550 that had a "dually" bed installed.

These guys had went a little different route, in that they had actually extended the length of the bed several inches to fill the gap.

As best I remember, that truck was also a 4-door.

I just can't fathom why anyone would throw good money and time after one of those can't-haul-anything dent-too-easy sheet-metal beds, when a good steel flat is so much better. cookoo

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I think an F450 pickup is a factory option now, but not an F550. There may be registration differences, in CA an F350 dually can drive right by a weigh station, but if you pull the bed off and drop a utility box or flatbed on you are supposed to stop in and say hi I :love: you CHP, and the load fees for pickups are calculated from unladen weight, with any other bed weight fees are calculated based on the heaviest gross combination you will ever operate at, but I think this changes at 14,000# gross truck weight.