What is consensus in coolant flusing

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
What is consensus on coolant flusing

So I know what kind of coolant to use and what addatives, but what does everyone do with flushing? If you run a filter is there any use or reason to flush? I mean, does the coolant wear out or something? As long as coolant looks clean and addative levels are good, anything else needed?

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Q: What is meant by the term Fill-For-Life technology?

A: The Fill-for-Life alternative provides for easy, low cost monitoring of the coolant inhibitor and freeze protection levels. Fill-For-Life is an extended service maintenance program developed by FLEET CHARGE® and Penray researchers. It is very simple. Users simply install a Penray Need-Release filter on an engine coolant system (up to 30 gallons). Every 18 months the filter is replaced. This practice eliminates scheduled coolant changes.

http://www.peakhd.com/product-lines/fleet-charge/faq/

Need Release® Synthetic Media Cooling System Filters

NF2088SM Web Need-Release® Sythetic Media filters last 150,000 miles, 15 months, or 3,000 hours!

The Penray Need-Release® Synthetic Media Extended Life Cooling System Treatment filter is much more than just another cooling system filter. It goes beyond just filtration by releasing Supplemental Coolant Additive (SCA) when your engine needs it. This unique system senses the corrosivity of the coolant and releases the correct amount of treatment to keep your cooling system protected at all times. Penray’s Need-Release® membrane technology makes this possible and saves on labor costs and filter inventory. Penray synthetic media filter technology contains three distinct layers; 1. heavy-duty wire mesh, 2. polyester fiber binder and 3. fiberglass mat for ultimate filtration. One Need-Release® filter can replace from eight to ten ordinary filters.

http://penray.com/products/need-release-synthetic-media-filters/

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 16

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a old skool green coolant with the sca additive. I don't like long life coolants. I feel they may be detrimental to our older stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online