What I did to my truck this weekend thread

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Well. I pulled the instrument panel, swapped all my bulbs with newer/brighter ones, cleaned the panel, bezel and a/c vents thoroughly (yuck!).

Added a flasher fuse that is REALLY loud.

Relocated my single windshield washer nozzle 6-1/2" into the hood and installed a new nozzle with a better spray pattern, and added one for the passenger side as well.

Replaced my alternator with a new 65a one from the parts store for $40.00 - while I wait for the 200a 3g I ordered to come in. At least now I can run all my accessories and still provide the batteries 12.0v so they don't die. I realise that it should be like 13.5v but hey it's better than it was!

Next weekend:

1. figure out how to put a coolant driven heat exchanger in my wind shield washer reservoir. Probably will just use a copper coil or something - we'll see - might wrap it in 3/8" rubber hose?

2. Add jumper posts in the bed of the truck so I can run my 12v transfer pump w/o jumper cables - also so I can use jumper cables from amidships. If you have a nice weatherproof jumper terminal you could recommend please post it.

What did you do to your IDI this weekend?

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
What did you do to your IDI this weekend?

This weekend I did the finish touches on my C6 transmission rebuild. Today I got it all back together and took it for a good test drive. So Im guessing now my transmission is good for many years to come.

Now I got to figure out why my passenger side rear brake light dont work, everything but the brake light works, I guess its the socket cause its not getting juice through the socket. If it was the ground nothing would work correct? Also gotta figure out why my turn signal lights in the dash are not working, must happened when I adjusted my steering wheel.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I did nothing to mine.....and it was nice :D

Well I took a vid of it, that was about it......my weekend was all SAT though....talk about a crappy test, 5+ hours long :puke:

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stripped the 86 to a bare frame, put the body in the scrap pile, and took pics of anything sellable for Ebay.

Also put a waterpump on a Chevy Malibu.

suv7734

Reaction score
Go to a golf cart or electric fork lift place and get the connectors they use to charge the batteries. I believe they are called Anderson connectors (Towcat will know because most of the tow trucks use them). This wll provide you with a socket (about 1" x 3 1/2")to mount in the bed of the truck that is protected from shorting out. The socket is fed from cables direct to the battery and the end that plugs in will have heavy wiring with whatever you install on the other end (most likely some HD jumper clamps)

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
This weekend I did the finish touches on my C6 transmission rebuild. Today I got it all back together and took it for a good test drive. So Im guessing now my transmission is good for many years to come.

Now I got to figure out why my passenger side rear brake light dont work, everything but the brake light works, I guess its the socket cause its not getting juice through the socket. If it was the ground nothing would work correct? Also gotta figure out why my turn signal lights in the dash are not working, must happened when I adjusted my steering wheel.

sounds like it is in the turn signal switch, move it around and see if things work again.

i got the axels stripped out of a truck drug it up and its waiting to get picked up. on less vehicle for me.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Gave it a rest cuz my dad is using it for work LOL...put about 600 miles on it last week! almost half of what i drove it the whole last yr (i put 1510 miles on it last yr from aug 07 to aug 08 LOL)

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
I realise that it should be like 13.5v but hey it's better than it was!

should be more like 14.5 but anyways, reinstalled my washer fluid container, and made a custom pvc coolant overflow with viewing tube, and installed it.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
i went duck hunting.....

Isn't it Wabbit season??? :rotflmao

I had the opportunity to take the DuraLift pump off my 87 and put it on my 93, since the mechanical pump on the 93 became a gusher this morning. Also replaced the VSS in my rear differential. Last thing I did, was pull the tach sensor on the 93. I got it cleaned and reinstalled,but it didn't fix the problem I was having with my tach bottoming out at idle.

Gary

Attachments

• wabbit.jpg
    wabbit.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

zpd307

Reaction score
ha ha, rabbit and squirrel opened a couple of weekends ago, ducks opened on saturday. i did give the old girl some new tires on wednesday to replace the baldies that came with it. if that counts.