What else do you drive?

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1993 7.3 idi factory turbo was my daily driver from 2005 to 2014. Switched it over to a dump bed with fold down sides. Still put 5000-10000 miles a year on it (need to update sig pictures)
Absolutely love my idi 207500 miles

DD 2004 ford f350 ext cab 4x4 6.0 Liter 185000 miles
2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 250,000 miles getting ready to sell no longer drive long distances
Wife 2009 Acura Rdx 2.3l Turbo 82000 miles

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to the 89 E350 motorhome and the '86 F250 NA, my Daily is a 2000 Tundra V8. 3" lift on 33s. The wife drives an 08 Scion xB *(the toaster).

You must be registered for see images attach

flyarmyguns

Reaction score
I switch between my truck and Twin Turbo Porsche Cayenne. Very different cars... I take truck to the horse ranch, to the beach with the kids and dog etc, mostly to tow my boat. Honestly its way more comfortable for road trips also. The Porsche is nice and fast as hell, but its cramped and not very ergonomic... But fast.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I only use my truck as a hauler these days, last time I used it was a few months ago to haul home 2 extended cab Ford Rangers (91&94) I acquired, will be mounting the plow in a month or so.

Currently daily driving the '94 Ranger, the '91 donated the transmission to it and wouldn't run, so the engine is out as well.
The '91 is in the process of becoming something that I'll never let the kids drive. :peelout

The Metro in my sig is still on the road, mileage is down to around 30, still reliable but just worn out, will be waiting for my kids in a few years.

Wife's/family rig is currently a '98 Suburban.

Other vehicles I have aren't worth mentioning at this time.

rhythim

Reaction score
My DD is a BMW E46 M3. The wife has a '15 Mustang ecoboost, the boy has an '04 F150 that has sucked up more time and money than I'll EVER get back out of it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I bought this a few months ago for $120. ($100+$20 delivery), a 1985 Honda Gyro S (49cc 2 stroke)

I had to put $600+ into it (including tires, tubes and battery) but these are usually $1,000+ even in less than great condition, so yeah. The original motor, with all of 400 miles on it, was totally ruined from being left outside for probably decades. (It had mud/water in the engine and trans)

I bought about $70 worth of new bearings, seals, piston/rings before I gave up the old motor and bought a good used one. At least I have the spare parts on hand, since these aren't getting any more common.

I bought too small rear tires but it's doing 25-30MPH anyway. Tires for 6 inch rims are hard to come by in the US that aren't mower tread tires, so I got these for now. Most people put 15x6.00-6 turf tires anyway. These I got (13x5.00-6) are about 2 inches less diameter vs the stock tires (4.50-6). They can be imported from Japan in closer to proper size (130/90-6) but they cost much more and take a few months to get here. The pic shows the new tire sitting on top of the old rotten original tire:

It's now running good and totally ridable, but the RH blinker is being fussy, coming on solid but not flashing. I have a new seat cover for it (I was given that better seat for just the $25 shipping cost) and the plastics haven't been put back on, nor have I washed it any. But I rode it about 15 miles round trip yesterday. Even with a cheap Chinese carburetor I put on it, it's running pretty decently. Oil injection isn't operational right now due to the throttle cable for the oil pump being broken and not very cheap. I'm 32:1 (4oz oil to 1gal gas) premixing. I pulled out the oil pump's driveshaft so it won't burn up from lack of oil.

Pic taken yesterday after I got back from the ride.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this a few months ago for $120. ($100+$20 delivery), a 1985 Honda Gyro S (49cc 2 stroke)

I had to put $600+ into it (including tires, tubes and battery) but these are usually $1,000+ even in less than great condition, so yeah. The original motor, with all of 400 miles on it, was totally ruined from being left outside for probably decades. (It had mud/water in the engine and trans)

I bought about $70 worth of new bearings, seals, piston/rings before I gave up the old motor and bought a good used one. At least I have the spare parts on hand, since these aren't getting any more common.

I bought too small rear tires but it's doing 25-30MPH anyway. Tires for 6 inch rims are hard to come by in the US that aren't mower tread tires, so I got these for now. Most people put 15x6.00-6 turf tires anyway. These I got (13x5.00-6) are about 2 inches less diameter vs the stock tires (4.50-6). They can be imported from Japan in closer to proper size (130/90-6) but they cost much more and take a few months to get here. The pic shows the new tire sitting on top of the old rotten original tire:

It's now running good and totally ridable, but the RH blinker is being fussy, coming on solid but not flashing. I have a new seat cover for it (I was given that better seat for just the $25 shipping cost) and the plastics haven't been put back on, nor have I washed it any. But I rode it about 15 miles round trip yesterday. Even with a cheap Chinese carburetor I put on it, it's running pretty decently. Oil injection isn't operational right now due to the throttle cable for the oil pump being broken and not very cheap. I'm 32:1 (4oz oil to 1gal gas) premixing. I pulled out the oil pump's driveshaft so it won't burn up from lack of oil.

Pic taken yesterday after I got back from the ride.

Edit...photofukit is messing with me...

I just did one of those non-traditional vehicles week before last. I bought a 2006 Yamaha Bruin 350 4WD for $250, no wheels or tires, bad carb and had been sitting out in the rain for an undisclosed amount of time. It was pretty rough but the engine would fire with starting fluid. You never see these things that cheap, I knew it was a gamble but it paid off. The guy I bought it from was very decent and upfront.

I got wheels and tires, new carb, cleaned gas tank and put new shut off valve on it, new spark plug, adjusted the valves, changed the oil and filter, air filter, changed the lube on the differentials and it runs great. As of yesterday I am riding it. I have the front plastic and waiting on my friend to get back from vacation so he can straighten out the front bumper and rack the plastic front attaches to. I was surprised that everything works, the bearings and seals are still functioning properly, no leaking of anything and the 4wd works, the brakes work (after some cleaning). Give me a few weeks and it will be back to normal. I am working on heating up the plastic to bring the green color back then will hit it with a boiled linseed oil and paint thinner mix.

Last edited:

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would, but I have 20 years worth of photos and thousands of them shared on message boards that PB tried to kill. I keep PB alive because of the ones from the past that are still valid and helping others, mostly from my reef tank days.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like it, keep ahold of it. I think Yamaha only made those for a few years.

Only 2004, 2005 and 2006 though they are actually identical to a couple other models. I will keep it, for a 350 it is surprisingly fast and as good of shape as it is in, it is worth fixing and riding for a long time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.