What does it take?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
details please.... could i just move the rear hanger back? there's TONS of 250 in the j/y's around me a rear pack would be cake to get. what did you do on the rear, blocks?

thanks!
-Jon ;Sweet
my shackle mount is moved back to accommodate.
Could someone provide a link to a shackle reversal kit? I believe I researched them in the past but cant remember the prices. Votee, do you think you could take pics of your springs?
for the front
http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=162
for the rear
http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=180

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

and the rear shackle mount

and here she is working for a living

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to keep my eye on this cause 6-8" of lift is what I am after. What all needs to be done with the steering? Pitman arm? Track bar bracket?

as far as the steering, you should ask sky's off road. i have an aftermarket highsteer setup. the trac bar shouldn't be needed with the shackle reversal kit.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
half ton rears would work fine for my 460 truck, right?

Doing a shackle reversal this weekend and ditching these gawd$#% PSD S-duty leveling springs I am running.. I have decided I don't really like the taste of kidney.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
half ton rears would work fine for my 460 truck, right?

Doing a shackle reversal this weekend and ditching these gawd$#% PSD S-duty leveling springs I am running.. I have decided I don't really like the taste of kidney.

probably be a soft ride, but i don't see a problem with it. just remember you will need to move the shackle mount back some. as to how far i am not sure because mine started life as a 2wd super cab.

edit; wanna trade?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to do this on a ttb you can go about 2 in with adjuster bolts any more youll need to fab something to drop the pivots for the arms down
waht about adding more leaves to the stock negitive pack on a ttb and fliping it over would this work?

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably be a soft ride, but i don't see a problem with it. just remember you will need to move the shackle mount back some. as to how far i am not sure because mine started life as a 2wd super cab.

edit; wanna trade?

Pay shipping, and throw in $40 for the cost of the j.y. pack.. they are yours. 83651 is originating address... they gave me 4" + - truck had a negative rake slightly when done, 3 leaf pack, off an 02, so the more deisired "thinner" springs. 56" long, same as a rear (55 and change) center pin is centered.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh they have been re pinned, so they have a pin the Super duty location, and a second pin 3-4" forward.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that is the stance I am going for. Big and bad but still streetable. I might even go 40's but that will be it.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that is the stance I am going for. Big and bad but still streetable. I might even go 40's but that will be it.

see the pics at the bottom of post 17. with the rock crawler fully loaded for 4 people and 4 days 3 nights the trailer is about 6-6500lbs. the pic with the white ford it is an idi f250. not a problem towing either set up unless you are trying to race there. my truck still has the 4.10 gears too. in april i will get pics of it with the cabover camper, trailor/crawler, and gear for a week. that should be a slightly heavy setup at around 17000lbs total going from sacramento to so cal.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a 99 PSD on 46's with the stock 3.55's. Have to take off in low but once you get it rolling it pulls great and gets 18-19 mpg on the highway. I wouldn't try that with an automatic though.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yotee, the site you have listed for the front shackle reverse kit states that it it for a 92-97 frame.

Does it make a difference when using an 87-91 frame?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle