What does it take?

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are the same length then they will bolt in. Not sure how much lift they will give but you will have to get a pitman arm to compensate if its too much. Why rear leafs?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are the same length then they will bolt in. Not sure how much lift they will give but you will have to get a pitman arm to compensate if its too much. Why rear leafs?

because they ride alot better than stock.

it would take a shackle reversal kit at least. i have them and they are nice.

Attachments

• MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 19

jjduedall

Reaction score
I have rears in the front of my 92 f250 with a shackel reversal. They are set up to provide about 7-8 inches of lift. They ride better then any aftermarket lift spring that im aware of. It rides much better then stock

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I have rears in the front of my 92 f250 with a shackel reversal. They are set up to provide about 7-8 inches of lift. They ride better then any aftermarket lift spring that im aware of. It rides much better then stock

whats shackle reversal? Im looking for a cheap way to lift mine in the front i been thinking add a leafs but that cost moneyLOL

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically rear leaf packs are longer and ride better. They need to be bastardized by removing/adding leaves to get them where you want, but it's a fairly common thing people do.
Travis..

stock rears with a shackle reversal gives you 8" lift, and a pimpass ride.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
ok well im not looking for that much lift, but what can i do to my D44TTB?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
first thought would be the dumpster:D
second thought would be to save up for a 60:D

I actually like my TTB just fine, im sure a D60 is alot tougher and better for wheeling but i aint never had a problem and i get in some bad **** sometimes, but i also know when enough is enough if it ever starts hoping or the wheels trying to go side to side then i push the clutch in, cause im cant afford to break it

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
because they ride alot better than stock.

it would take a shackle reversal kit at least. i have them and they are nice.

details please.... could i just move the rear hanger back? there's TONS of 250 in the j/y's around me a rear pack would be cake to get. what did you do on the rear, blocks?

thanks!
-Jon ;Sweet

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could someone provide a link to a shackle reversal kit? I believe I researched them in the past but cant remember the prices. Votee, do you think you could take pics of your springs?

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to keep my eye on this cause 6-8" of lift is what I am after. What all needs to be done with the steering? Pitman arm? Track bar bracket?