What do you Guys Think

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt really know where to post this, but since this is where I browse figured I would here LINK BELOW

My buddy is lookin at this truck for sale. Me and him drove it yesterday. Seems pretty solid. My issues with it is with a few small things. Interior is okay-ish. kinda rough in spots. he doesnt have a fuel gauge with his custom made tank. He said the tanks were rusty and he wanted bigger fuel lines??? so he just made a tank thats part of the flatbed... I told him the lines woulda been fine the way they were. No dash lights work (turn signal indicators, 4x4 n low range lights and all that). intake heater is on a pusbutton, along with starter. He has a switch for the overdrive because something about a 200 dollar part so he just used a switch. Also the truck has no tach.

The guy told me he took the powerstroke out because they are junk and too expensive to work on.... Okay whatever. I then asked him why he didnt use the ZF-5 speed and he told me that it never woulda held up to the power of the cummins.... I call bs on this because these cummins are only like 180hp...

He says the motor has only 120k on it from a 93 dodge. The trans is supposedly built for pulling. The frame looks pretty nice still. The paint is orange peeled as hell... The flat bed is a wood floor and it doesnt have a gooseneck or anything

He told me he had about 600 bucks into the manual hubs and conversion nuts.... I told him he got screwed...

So i guess Im just wondering what you guys think of it. He said bottom dollar would be $5300. Worth it?

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/cto/2213190267.html

pafixitman

Reaction score
Nothing probably works because the PSD had a computer. Not sure how integrated they were in 95. That said...a truck is only worth what someone will pay and a good deal is nothing more than a state of mind.

IMO, it is a hack job conversion. I would not pay $2500 for it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RUN, don't walk away from that hack job.

He said the tanks were rusty and he wanted bigger fuel lines??? so he just made a tank thats part of the flatbed... I told him the lines woulda been fine the way they were.

That right there would scare the hell outa me.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the guys a ****** dose it still have the ttb 600 buck on spinlde nuts

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
im with oldbull on this one. run as fast as you can from that thing, or better off get in your truck and put the petal to the floor!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't buy it, he did work a lot on the truck and it shows but it is incomplete and You'll spend about the same as the selling price to have it the way You want it.

Btw, the hp won't hurt the tranny but the torque will, 6bt has 400ft/lbs to start and any improvements will increase that #. Then again, its all in the driver and You could have a zf there and make it last 500k miles as long as You know how to drive it and of course take preventative measures.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Well, my '93 W250 came with a D60 front, 5spd, and club cab... for $4k.

Gas or engineless trucks with TTB are pretty cheap. The deck and the Cummins are the real value.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
RUN, don't walk away from that hack job.

That right there would scare the hell outa me.

X2

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

On a side note, it is only as complicated as you make it (speaking in terms of that seller's opinion on powerstrokes). I could go on and on about how stupid and narrow minded his thoughts are, but I'll spare you guys. :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online