What causing it????

BlueCrew

Reaction score
Back in April I put a tensioner, idler pull an belt serpentine on the truck. Thought that sovled my problem. About a month ago I was going some where an the belt came off Had a wrench in the truck so I put it back on You ever forget I guess I forgot an I drove around like that till it come of again an ruined the tensioner I had just put on in April But this time when it came off it made a noise like a bearing locked up I checked all the pulleys a/c alt water pump power streering I got another tensioner an put it on started it an watch the belt It runs staight as a pin
So my question is whats making the noise an what making the belt come off?

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second that, vacuum pump or PS pump. our powere steering pump on our 94 would intermittenly lock up apparently and you would notice it in the steering just driving down the road. but its an old beater ranch truck, so theres alot thats hard to tell about it. Just 1 reason i still prefer good ole V-belts.

BlueCrew

Reaction score
When it comes off it always seem to be stuck behind the idler pulley Forgot to mention that

BlueCrew

Reaction score
I went an checked out my vacuum pump an power streering pump The V/P I think is ok I can't move the pulley back an forth or side to side but it spins Hard soft hard soft.......But I think thats just the vacuum on it The P/S moves back an forth about 1/8"or so