Reaction score
looks like a dust cover to me.

if it aint broke dont fix it.
i would leave them there.

my 90 F250 DRW does not have them.

wiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only problem is they make it impossible to put air in the inside tire.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like an old school centramatic wheel balancer. Try to line the slots up with the valve stems, should work for ya.

wiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like an old school centramatic wheel balancer. Try to line the slots up with the valve stems, should work for ya.

thanks, didn't know what they were! googled them and found some very positive reviews from big riggers, seems they help you run smoother down the road, extend tire life and maybe even improve mpg's a little!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those are pieces of junk and you need to send them to me. I will pay the shipping too.:eek::sly;Really
As posted already. Those a very good balancer item that works very well as you have already found out. If you want to test what they do just remove them but watch the tire wear pattern after that.. I'm betting you put them back on.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 8 oz of tire balance beads in each of my 6 tires. On my dually. I have used them in all of my vehicle's tire's and have always had great tire wear.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do they do and do I need them?
one more thing, if you haven't been told already, you have a converted dually pickup. if you intend to haul heavy, you are best off in finding a pickup dually rear axle. what you have in the pic is a SRW rear axle. there is no place to center the rims and hence the need for the centramatics.
the below pic is the best I can find to illustrate the point. notice how much further the hub section sticks out? the rim acutally centers on the non-flued portion of the hub and sometimes they will weld themselves via corrosion. with the correct axle plus the centramatics, you'd swear you're riding in a big Lincoln Continental.

Attachments

• P1040381.JPG
    P1040381.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 102

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Centrimatics, yeah Whooo Hooo. Had them on my 35 Ft GM Bus. Actually took a lot of what I thought was road noise out. Front tires 24.5" where hard to balance until I put the Centrimatics on.

Tires were $360 each 10 years ago.

wiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more thing, if you haven't been told already, you have a converted dually pickup. if you intend to haul heavy, you are best off in finding a pickup dually rear axle. what you have in the pic is a SRW rear axle. there is no place to center the rims and hence the need for the centramatics.
the below pic is the best I can find to illustrate the point. notice how much further the hub section sticks out? the rim acutally centers on the non-flued portion of the hub and sometimes they will weld themselves via corrosion. with the correct axle plus the centramatics, you'd swear you're riding in a big Lincoln Continental.

damn, that's the first negative I've found out about this truck, the title says F350 so possibly the original rear axle was replaced with one from a SRW?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn, that's the first negative I've found out about this truck, the title says F350 so possibly the original rear axle was replaced with one from a SRW?
every indication tells me you are a SRW to a DRW conversion. the doghouses look aftermarket due to the placement of the running lights.
when you look into the inside of the truck bed/doghouse area, is there a cavern as big as what you see in the pic I posted?