is it possible to change only these rubbers?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, it's now not only the boot, the whole joint has too much play now, origin: rust... truck only ran about 10600 or something like that miles. '89.still the factory ones

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Reread through this thread again, and searched for Tie Rod/Ball Joints Boots.
And now see you need to replace the whole shebang. I hate the Government. :puke:

Be sure to keep all the joints well greased up especially after every rain storm. Water, grit, salt etc... get in the joint and slowly wears them down.
I use to drive Snow plow trucks, and in the winter would grease the King Pins, Tie Rods etc... after/ during the storms, and water would squirt out.

Goat

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think that mine are rotted out as well, just not by using, she's 35 year old, and only has about 10342 real miles on the odo, this is damage due to stockage, or better; not using it.
No, I don't like many government arranged things, but with these road-safety tests I'm happy, even when it costs me money, I cannot say directly, but there could be a moment that due to not knowing what the technical state of some parts (steering, brakes) is, it could cause that I ended up in loosing control over my truck, or for that matter someone else could have happening such a thing.
so in this case I'm happy with these tests.

I'm NOT happy with the sheer volume of all sort of (unnecessary in my eyes) documents they ask me to produce ( buy at tax bureaus, ford dealers etc.) before they issue you the carte grise (legal document, proof of ownership)