What a night!!!

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well In a few short days I will be working in a dealership. Life at the bus shop has gotten to a point it is not enjoyable at all anymore. Tonight marked the beginning of moving all my trucks back home. Moved the big CC flatbed tonight and the 91 standard cab dually I will be parting out to make the flatbed a stick. Two trips totaling 30 loaded miles combined. I'm also talking about loaded as being so far over on one I was amazed the little chevy 2500 could pull it. One more to move tomorrow and my vehicles are moved. I have to get the 2003 CC 6.0 home and the vehicle moves are done.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15 miles per truck. I got two of them done tonight and will get the last tomorrow. At that point all I have left to get out is my welder and a small napa roll cart. The big CC was a white knuckler. Truck weighs in at 11000 lbs. Trailer is only rated as a 7000 GVW. It's hauled a bunch in the past but nowhere near this much. I thought that little chevy was going to die going up the one hill. Foot to the florr and it was only doing about 15 miles an hour.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Your day was easy compared to mine. Moving 12 1800lbs hay rolls with a 89 chevy 3500 4lo in granny gear and could barely go up a hill. Damn thing was popping an sputtering and every synchro in the tranny was going out. Talk about a day lol. I couldn't believe how weak it was lol. Guess that's a chevy for you LOL

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately all my Fords are down due to lack of time and funds to get them running. I got the last vehicle moved tonight a 2003 CC with 6.0 in it. Poor trailer groaned when I got home and unloaded the truck. All vehicles moved now and only things left to retrieve are my welder and a couple roll carts. I'll get them tomorrow evening and be done with it. I figure he'll figure out what he lost within 3 weeks once the A/C systems start going down on him. I figure I'll give a bill for every job I do like an independent contractor. He was only paying me 22 an hour and expecting me to do everything.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ROFLMAO. I have that song on several different formats. Reel-to-reel, LP, eight track, and downloaded from itunes. One of my favorite classics. The four seasons have some great music but I'm more a Seger man when it comes to the classics.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American. Most diesel techs are making 30 an hour here in Southeast Texas

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
All the best to you in your new digs!

Thanks again for the advice on pulling the y-pipe. It came in handy today.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the best to you in your new digs!

Thanks again for the advice on pulling the y-pipe. It came in handy today.

Like I said it will come out but it takes some fidgeting. The y-pipe just gets in the way. Lemme know if you get one out that is a 4x4 unit. I want to turn my 87 into a five speed and that is the last thing I need to do it. I already have a new flywheel from when I changed the engine. I'll simply use an 07-076 luk kit to get me rolling.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ROFLMAO. I have that song on several different formats. Reel-to-reel, LP, eight track, and downloaded from itunes. One of my favorite classics. The four seasons have some great music but I'm more a Seger man when it comes to the classics.

I have a hard time devoting myself to any one style of music/genera or artist but in general, anything in the last 10-20 years sounds like nails on chalkboard to me (though there are rare exceptions). And naturally the local radio stations go gaga (pun intended-cuss) whenever some hot shot pop "artist" comes up with another one.....:rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck with the move.;Sweet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online